Tuesday, June 19, 2007

the family

Little bits about my wonderful family:

Jason and I had a great laugh at work last week. We visited the downtown library with three other guys from work. The head researcher met with us for three hours and he was . . . interesting . . . to say the least. We talked about it the whole way back to work and both of us were laughing so hard that we cried. Good times.

Brad said that Jess and I need to start a post-it note conversation because we never see each other anymore. I usually leave in the morning before she gets up and then I go to bed before she gets home again. Sometimes I miss her a lot. I'm definitely feeling the need for some good Jana&Jess time.

Last Thursday Mom and I spent some time together. We made dinner and cleaned up and talked and just generally enjoyed each other's company. Friday night we went to watch Emma's softball game. Saturday I let Mom put me to work for five hours: errands, cleaning, and cooking. I don't mind helping, especially when we go at it together.

Jordan is my big little brother. I've enjoyed watching a few of his baseball games. Last Wednesday he talked and talked to me about his experiences helping with the Survivor Sports camp. I loved to hear about it. I'm sure enjoying becoming his friend.

On Father's Day (what a great dad I have!) we helped my grandma unpack in her new condo (which is 8 minutes from our house, instead of 30 minutes). I fell asleep on the couch when we got back home. Later Mom, Jess, Jason, and I played euchre while we waited for the ribs to cook. Oh, do I love barbecue ribs!!! After dinner we watched "The Prestige." Good movie but I was not in the right mood. I got too scared and it took them 10 minutes to explain everything to me at the end.

I love my family!
I've been reading 2 Corinthians the last few days. I don't think I've ever focused on it before. Good stuff. Clay. Weaknesses. God's glory. That's what it's all about.
Jans

2 comments:

  1. Mmmmm ribs. Yum. Thanks for sharing a bit about your fam. They sound like a gift. A really wonderful gift.

    ReplyDelete
  2. indeed a great fam.

    ReplyDelete