Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Humble Vessel

Guess what? I'm not perfect. I just thought I'd throw that out there in case anyone was thinking differently. I keep getting glimpses (great big scenic shots, rather) of my imperfections and inadequacies and failures. I am a sinner.

"But thanks be to God, who always leads us in triumphal procession in Christ and through us spreads everywhere the fragrance of the knowledge of Him." 2 Cor. 2:14

Praise God! It's not me (and can never be me). I can never earn it or deserve it. He leads me because of what Jesus did. I am simply the humble vessel of His glorious gospel. I truly owe him my life, my allegiance, my love.

"What good will it be for a man if he gains the whole world, yet forfeits his soul?" Matt. 16:26 Am I concerned about the eternal? About the kingdom of God?

On to other (somewhat less-important) things . . . I helped the other interns pick up trash on our property for 45 minutes this morning. It was delicious; I enjoy every chance I can get to be outside. I sang to myself and half-filled a trash bag with random pieces of garbage. The straws that I found confused me the most: how in the world do they get there? Do people spit their straws out the window when they're done drinking? Odd. I also have lovely blisters now from walking around in not-yet-broken-in sandals. Ouch.

I spent over an hour last night choreographing for dance tonight. After the little girls' ballet lessons, I'm meeting with some older girls to just dance for fun. We're learning a ballet/modern piece to a song by Sara Groves and a jazz/hip-hop piece to a song by Ayiesha Woods. I haven't choreographed in a while, but I was having a blast once I got into it.

The weekend was great! So many fun things. Rollerblading at the Roller Dome with Gary. Lunch with Ashley Geiser at Shoaff (beautiful sun!). Sushi and the "All for One" play with my Mom. Biking/running/walking on Saturday morning. Afternoon and evening with the Stauffer family. Nursery Sunday morning with 15 crazy toddlers. Two and a half hour nap. Lindsay's graduation party. Party at the Wallin's house.

Can I just say that I love summer?
Jana Alexis

PS: G and Sally----my name was ranked 971 this year and nonexistent in 2003. Sally and I both "beat" you, G. You can stop boasting now. :)

3 comments:

  1. ok....i'm done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are very rare. And therefore very valuable. :) And you're right I should stop bragging... but Gary started it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wait, you're right... Gary was bragging!

    ReplyDelete