Friday, June 29, 2007

Kingdom Comes!

When anger fills your heart, when in your pain and hurt
You find the strength to stop, you bless instead of curse
When doubting floods your soul, though all things feel unjust
You open up your heart, you find a way to trust

That's a little stone, that's a little mortar
That's a little seed, that's a little water
In the hearts of the sons and the daughters
The kingdom's coming


In the mundane tasks of living, in the pouring out and giving
In the waking up and trying, in the laying down and dying

Thanks to Sara Groves for those beautiful lyrics. It's the everyday. The mundane. The picking up of the cross. That His everlasting Kingdom comes.

I love Fridays. I especially love them at 5pm. Before that time came today, however, I visited South Whitley with my mom. That little town needs a lot of help. I made a list of the 46 businesses (vacant and otherwise) that are a part of the study. Oh boy.
Brad and Brenda did not get beat in Euchre last night. I guess that means G and I will keep trying . . . we'll be inviting ourselves over again, I'm sure.
I'm in a New Zealand picture mood.

Beaches, Amy, and rain. Lovely things in a lovely place.
Lexi

1 comment:

  1. Love Sara Groves. Good choice. I only have one CD, but it's a gooder. Cool post. Oh man, Aaron and I are so taking you and Gary in Euchre some day. I play without fear (and Aaron is like a Genius)... and that should make you afraid. :) Someday! Someday!

    ReplyDelete