Monday, September 3, 2007

And Classes Begin

Classes started on Thursday.
  • Intermediate Accounting I (T-R from 8-9)
  • Management Finance (M-W-F from 8-9)
  • Applied Mathematics for Business (M-W-F from 12-1)
  • Federal Income Tax (M-W-F from 2-3)
  • Basic Conducting (M-W from 11-12)
  • Senior Experience (M from 6-7)

Four hardcore numbers classes. Only one class on Tuesdays and Thursdays. An eight o’clock class every morning. One very expensive calculator. Four heavy textbooks and three light. One conducting baton. And lots of number crunching and problem-solving ahead of me. It’s going to be a good semester.

Let me not imagine that my love for You is very great if I am unwilling to do for a human being something very small.
Elisabeth Elliot


Friday night was girls’ night. Nine of us ate dinner at Sufficient Grounds. We talked about our favorite class so far and our favorite candy bar. (Can you guess mine?) Then we played the question game, ordered specialty drinks (a raspberry/mango/yogurt smoothie for me), relaxed in our room, and watched “Take the Lead.”

Content. That’s the word. A state of heart in which you would be at peace if God gave you nothing more than he already has. Test yourself with this question: What if God’s only gift to you were his grace to save you. Would you be content?
Max Lucado


Gary came to visit on Saturday and we spent a wonderful day together. I think this fortells of many such visits to come this year. :) Sunday I went to Grace Church with Holly and joined her family for an Italian spaghetti dinner. The rest of the day I worked on homework, talked to my mom, delivered toilet paper, and watched a movie with Nora.

Prayer for my girls:
Now I commit you to God and to the word of His grace, which can build you up and give you an inheritance among all those who are sanctified. Acts 20:32

Charity and I ran this morning—down to the river and back up Main Street. This weather is so beautiful. I’m looking forward to another good day—praise God for a three-day weekend!
Jana

4 comments:

  1. You amaze me. How you eliquently yet accurately discribe the details of your life just blow me away. You are too wonderful darling and I am so glad you had such a good weekend. I can't wait to see you next weekend. have a great and know I am praying and thining about you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds great, fun, hectic, but wonderful. I loved my senior year and I know you will too. Conducting intrigues me the most. How's it going??
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hmmm... I loved intermediate accounting. I guess that to be your favorite class.... :)

    ReplyDelete