Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Comfortable But Not Interesting

I was prepared to be upset. The mailroom said they lost my package that Fedex said was delivered on the 7th. So, I took the PDF print-out of the signed receipt to the mailroom today . . . and they found my conducting baton. The package was on the microwave so they didn't see it. Phew.

By the way, conducting class was cancelled today. I talked to Sue--my old boss in the Fine Arts Office--for awhile instead.

We watched "Anne of Green Gables" and "Anne of Avonlea" at Holly's home on Sunday. What delightful movies! "There's such a lot of different Annes in me. I sometimes think that is why I'm such a troublesome person. If I was just the one Anne it would be ever so much more comfortable, but then it wouldn't be half so interesting."

Shekinah Glory started off well last night. I enjoyed listening to the girls share and pray. Aerobics was funny, but a blast. New modern choreography went well--25 girls to teach in the same room is a dream-come-true.

Another by-the-way: my cold is much better. Also, my on-duty weekend finished well. Nate and I talked to a lot of people and only caught a few. Not much sleep but--hey--I'm at college.

It is a gorgeous day outside. And I'm wearing a cute outfit. And a class was cancelled. And I just thoroughly enjoyed my snack of pretzels and salt-free peanuts. I'm going to go sit outside and have my quiet time. It's a good day.

Jana Alexis

4 comments:

  1. 1.I'm glad you didn't have to get upset.
    2.I'm glad that your baton was found.
    3. 3 cheers for Anne of Green Gables!!!
    4. Don't you always wear cute outfits?? If you don't, you had me fooled.;)
    5.I hope you enjoy this beautiful day!
    6.I miss you.
    ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I adore Anne of Green Gables. But I've never watched the infamous 3rd movie. Everyone said it was terrible so I'm keeping myself pure having only watched the 1st 2.

    For all those die hard fans out there I must recommend "Road to Avonlea." It's a television series set in Avonlea. They don't try to remake AOGG, but it is set in that ever delightful town. And sometimes there is a Rachel Lind or Marilla moment. It is SOOOO good. Netflix it. You won't regret it. There are 6 seasons so pace yourself!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I need a cute-outfit-perfect-weather-day!! Maybe I'll eat lunch outside today...Fall teased us, and now summer is trying to wiggle it's way back in.
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad they found your package at the mailroom :)

    I enjoyed sitting with you on the couch at Holly's while watching "Anne of Green Gables/Avonlea".

    Your updates make me smile.

    Love ya!

    ReplyDelete