Friday, September 7, 2007

Weather: Make Up Your Mind

I wish this weather would make up its mind. Humid. Cloudy. Cool. Windy. Rainy. Sunshine. I can't decide what I should wear when it's acting like that.

Our first Founders' girls event was last night . . . and I'd say the Pound Party was a success. Over thirty girls attended. We snacked on a variety of eatables: cookies, animal crackers with icing, banana bread, chocolate, fruit, nuts, candy . . . good food. The girls were wonderfully creative in their contributions. I made them play Knot and race. Good conversations. Yep--it was a great party.

I'm stalling until my ride home arrives.

I'm enjoying my classes so far. Not too bad. Although, in Conducting I was the last person picked for a practicing partner. That was sad/embarrassing/hurtful. "Don't cry, don't cry" I kept telling myself. I think that's one of the worst feelings in the world. But, no worries--I'm alright and I think I'm still going to enjoy the class.

There's not a lot of homework to do this weekend. I worked ahead as much as I could. I can't wait to see MIMETime and spend time with my family and make 3 dozen peanut-butter cookies and dance at church.

You are saved, not because of what you do, but because of what Christ did. And you are special, not because of what you do, but because of whose you are. And you are his.
Max Lucado


Content in Him.
Jana

3 comments:

  1. It's funny how that feeling of being picked last never quite seems to fade... 5, 15, 21, 30... the enemy always seems to try to use it to tell us we are not good enough.

    I know you know, but you ARE wonderfully good enough. We need to be encouraged because regardless of where we are in life the world is always telling us otherwise. AND IT IS SOOOOO NOT TRUE.

    I know this becuase I felt bad about myself this week because of random wierd stuff that happened at work this week. And it's always easier to believe that you don't have value that that you do. Thankfully i have a wonderfully encouraging husband/ best friend that reminds me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sorry about the last-picked thing. I still remember that from kickball in elementary school!! Your partner is going to be surprised that he/she has the best partner in the class!!

    I'm loving the library!

    I woke to cooler temps and lower humidity this morning. JOY!!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. So so good seeing you last weekend. Even though it hadn't even been a week.:-) Love you Jana and I'd have to say that you are pretty amazing. :-)
    Praying for you!
    Alex
    P.S
    Yahoo messenger is installed on my home computer!!Yeah for Friday nights to come!:0)

    ReplyDelete