Friday, October 12, 2007

Everything

He has made everything beautiful in its time. He has also set eternity in the hearts of men; yet they cannot fathom what God has done from beginning to end. Ecc. 3:11

I don't know why I wait so long to update. Life is crazy, I guess. Classes are going well. I feel the change of the senior year and other things going on. I'm not quite as focused as I used to be . . . and yet I'm still learning, still enjoying my business subjects. Federal Income Tax is definitely my hardest class . . . too many rules and exceptions to the rules and exceptions to the exceptions.

In fact, the law requires that nearly everything be cleansed with blood, and without the shedding of blood there is no forgiveness. Hebrews 9:22

I was able to go home unexpectedly last weekend. Don’t ask how I can fit so much into one weekend. Friday: drive back with Charity and her sisters, go with the family to Jason’s concert at Huntington. Saturday: do laundry, walk with Mom, run errands, go to Jason’s film shoot, visit Jess at Platos, spend the evening at the Miller’s with Gary. Sunday: church at CGS!, China meeting at the Miller’s, hang with G and then my mom at the Millers, go to bed early and sleep for 10 hours. Monday: dentist appointment and drive back to school with Mom.

Therefore, since we are surrounded by such a great cloud of witnesses, let us throw off everything that hinders and the sin that so easily entangles, and let us run with perseverance the race marked out for us. Hebrews 12:1

Holly’s boyfriend, John Compton, is here for the week. I drove with her to Chicago to pick him up on Wednesday night. She was the driver; I was the navigator. (Thanks to my father we did not get lost.) We got back at 2am. (And I had an Accounting test at 8 the next morning.) I’m so happy for Holly. We played games last night: Catch Phrase and Nertz. Gary came. Holly romped on us all in Nertz—go figure.

What does "everything" mean? What exactly does this encompass? What do I mean when I say that God is "my everything"? The definition: "every thing or particular of an aggregate or total; all." Every bit of the entire thing. That's what God is to me.

Random thoughts: Shekinah Glory is going wonderfully. RA-ing is good. I love my roommates. I’m going to House Church with Charity this Sunday. This weekend is a homework weekend. Brooke and I need to deliver toilet paper to the girls. Charity, Nora, and I just watched “Big Fish” (amazing movie, Jason!). Conducting amuses me. I love this cooler weather! Naps are the best. Nora gave me a back massage on Monday night. I sure do enjoy coffee. God is good to me.

This has gone on quite long enough.
Congrats for making it through—if you did.
It's all good.
Jans

5 comments:

  1. i love, love, love that you didn't get back until 2am when you had a test 6 hours later. such is the college life! and i love that you are going to china. i am definitely jealous.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a whirlwind! But I am glad to hear that in the midst of all the busyness you are taking time to rest in all aspects of the word.

    I remember some of the best naps of life taking place when I was in University.

    I feel you on the tax class. When I took it the guy who normally taught was on sabbatical. Whew! I took it from another guy and he was much easier. I don't know how I got out of there with an A, but I did. That small twist in class instructor scheduling probably saved my 4.0!

    Also, after that I vowed not to be a tax accountant. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm pleased to inform you that I finally updated my blog!! Enjoy being able to take that test 6 hours after driving miles and miles. A friend and I went to a Legwarmers concert at a Fall Festival yesterday, and we were tickled that we could get home at a reasonable hour and get a full night's sleep. That's what happens when you turn ??ty
    ;o)
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was really good to see you the other weekend...as usual, I love reading your updates :)

    I'm shocked about the 8am exam....haha....you're such a good friend :)

    Not sure when I'll see you next, but have a splendid week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, I found your blog post through a search for "Nertz". It is cool to see others that know about the game. I hope you don't mind but I wanted to let you know about playnertz.com, the site for the National Nertz Association. There is a bunch of interesting Nertz information there and you can also find out how to play Nertz online there. I hope you will check it out. Feel free to join and also let your friends and family know. Thanks

    ReplyDelete