Thursday, October 25, 2007

The Morning

Morning.

"[His compassions] are new every morning." Lamentations 3:23

The time of newness. Sunrise. Darkness replaced. Renewed strength. Beginning again. I ran to Tuckey to work-out this morning and pondered the wonder of the morning. I breathed in the crisp fall air and thanked God for a new day.

"In the morning, when I rise, give me Jesus."

Fall Break was crazy. Here's a tour: Revolution, dentist appointment, a viewing/funeral, dinner/baseball game with the family and Gary, doctor appointment, trip to Indy to visit Christina, haunted hay ride, Jordan's soccer tournament, church, shopping with Mom and Jess, and drive back with Gary. I think I need another break.

(PS: Chris---thanks for a wonderful time. Sorry I was exhausted, but I'm so glad I got to "hang in your world" for a while. You're a good friend, a tlf. Love you!)

"A little sea-bathing would set me up forever." Mrs Bennet, Pride and Prejudice. I do believe a sunrise on the beach is the best thing ever. (Yes--this quote is random but it's been stuck in my head. I had to slip it in somehow.)

This week has been kind of stressful, a culmination of many things. I feel exhausted physically and emotionally. Yet, God is good. My devotion times have been amazing: prayer for the N-people-group, "Velvet Elvis," Nehemiah, Hebrews. I also praise God for supportive friends. Holly and I talked for almost three hours on Tuesday. It was amazing to catch up, finally. And Gary is so understanding as I learn to be honest. Yes, again, God is good.

"Let us then approach the throne of grace with confidence, so that we may receive mercy and find grace to help us in our time of need." Hebrews 4:16

God's grace is like the morning. With His grace comes the dawn of connection to God. Out of darkness into His wonderful light. Just like a new day, we are made new in Him and can draw near to God with complete confidence. Do I truly trust in this grace?

Ah, praise God for the morning.
Jana Alexis

1 comment:

  1. Years ago a friend of mine introduced me to a song about the morning. It was so much fun. I wish I could remember the name and the artist. It's all about the hope of a new day. How wonderful would it be to aproach everyday with unwavering hope. I know that's what we have in Jesus... but I sometimes, sadly most times, I tend to forget.

    I'm glad you take such joy in the morning.

    Blessings on your head Jana.

    ReplyDelete