Friday, November 9, 2007

Comfort

Warm Drinks
When it starts to get cold, nothing beats a warm drink. Raspberry herbal tea. Any kind of herbal tea. Earl Grey. Chai. Hot apple cider. Coffee. Hot chocolate. Steamers. It's all delicious.

Atmosphere
During our roommate bonding time last night, Holly, Charity, and I discussed this. Atmosphere is important to me. For example, I can't stand flourescent lights. Decorations and homey aspects of a room also contribute to the atmosphere.

Music
Listening to music is definitely a comfort issue for me. I always play music. I like finding new artists and new songs. I like cleaning to music. I like dancing to music. I like relaxing to music.

Food
Definitely something that I enjoy. Peanut-butter. Chips & salsa. Apples. Salads with cottage cheese. Rice. Chocolate. Bread. Cookies--especially white-chocoalate-macadamia-nut or Tim-Tams. Popcorn.

Some other random comfort aspects: good friends, family, home, fleece blankets, candles, coffee shops, libraries, good books, journaling, pillows, Quiet Times, fire in a fireplace, flowers, e-mails.

5 comments:

  1. Mmmmmm... I really like this post. It takes me back to my dorms days. Atmosphere is especially critical there.

    I'm with you on mood lighting. My mom taught me to love soft lamp light as opposed to harsh overhead lighting.

    My idea of comfort? Snowy Saturday filled with soup simmering on the stove, home-made of course, a good book and christmas music playing softly in the back ground. And of course good friends to share the time with. Mmmmmm....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana!
    As I was reading, I was thinking, "yes, yes...those are such wonderful things" to almost everything you listed. Especially the chips and salsa and popcorn! Hope you enjoy your weekend, Jana, and I'm guessing I'll be seeing you soon!
    ~Nichole

    ReplyDelete
  3. remember when you didn't like tea...."just try it jana!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is is Thanksgiving break yet? We have 2.5 more days of school.

    Chilly here today. Brett & Andrew are backpacking this weekend! Bradley and I might have to have a fire later today. How's that for atmosphere? Got marshmallows?

    ReplyDelete
  5. great things ma'am. well i crossed over. there is a blog with me all over it.

    ReplyDelete