Sunday, November 18, 2007

Life Goes On

Be Thou my battle-shield, sword for my fight,
Be Thou my dignity, Thou my delight.
Thou my soul's shelter, Thou my high tower.
Raise Thou me heavenward, O Power of my power.

Classes are going well. I tried to work ahead this week. A homework-free Thanksgiving break is the goal. I finished two projects and a paper ahead of time. Conducting is keeping me hopping. If everyone else continues to not practice, then I'm in good shape. We learned about linear programming in Math class. Accounting is clicking as it did my sophomore year. I love all of the number crunching. Federal Income Tax is my least favorite class. I'm glad I studied until 2am on Tuesday night for the test on Wednesday. My Senior Experience paper is done and turned in, so I'm basically done with that class besides attending the rest of them. There is only a test and a project left in Management Finance.

The best lunch of the week: tuna/egg salad on toast. Quick, easy, and oh-so-delicious. I was one happy girl.

Thursday night Brooke and I hosted a game night for the 2nd floor girls. We played Midnight Madness, Spoons (which I semi-won), and Apples-to-Apples (which I got three cards on). We also ate fun-fetti (sp?) cake and candy. Good times.

I asked Holly on Thursday if I could spend the day with her today. We went to church at Grace and ate dinner with her family at her grandparent's afterwards. Then we crashed at her empty home for a movie. We finished watching "Wives and Daughters"--a 5-hour mini-series that we started last night. I definitely recommend the movie, by the way.

Only a day and a half until I come home.
I'm ready to be home.
Ah. Home.
Jana

4 comments:

  1. When you're in school holidays seems to look brighter and be more satisfying. I remember those days. I hope your time at home is lovely beyond your biggest dreams.

    ReplyDelete
  2. A big sigh of relief....that's right ;) I'm only experiencing part of that since I won't get to come home for Thanksgiving :( The fam is all coming up here. Which is good in that I miss them all....I just wish I was getting to see them back home. Oh well....it'll still be a nice break. Only half a week of school this week....very excting :) Have a great weekend with your family!

    ReplyDelete
  3. one and a half days.....:-)
    This break is coming right when I need it. I hope that you get to have a homework free weekend! And I will see you in one and a half days.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Are you done yet, are you done yet? We have a half day left, and it'll fly by. We're planning some family errands for the rest of the day....we might buy a new artificial Christmas tree!! Ours is almost 13 years old! I do love cut trees, but we got a fake one years ago and once it's decorated, it's still beautiful.

    Give everyone a big hug for us!
    Love, Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete