Tuesday, December 25, 2007
I like being off of school. (PS: This is my last Christmas break ever. Sadness.) I like being cozy inside. I like being with the family. I like going to a Christmas Eve service at 11pm. I like looking at our stockings. I like arguing about who will open their gift last and let the others go first.
Praise God for Christmas.
Without His coming, there would be absolutely no reason for me to celebrate.
Indeed--celebration and thanksgiving and praise must be my reaction.
I'm so comforted:
"As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14
I'm so thankful:
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:9-10
Again, praise God!
Sunday, December 23, 2007
Saturday, December 22, 2007
Can I just say that my roommates are wonderful?
As long as I can say that my roommates are A-MAZING!
And as long as I can says that my roommates are AWESOME!
Hey you! Yeah, I’m talking to you! I love you!
I’m so drained! I want to sleep for a long time . . .
Let’s boycott school and sleep till Thanksgiving . . .
Sounds fine with me!
God just gave me a great feeling of peace and love for life, despite the stresses! He’s so good!
Girls, I love our time together!
Translation: Me too!
Thanks for the translation for those of us who are not Spanish-speaking!
I guess I’ll let it slide this time.
Jesus = My Prince of Peace
= My Comfort & Shelter
= My Everything
= My Lover
= My Sustainer
= My Great Provider
= Unswervingly faithful
= Incredibly gracious
= My Rest!
= My Trust
= My Peace
= My Constant
= My Refuge!
= My Hope
= My Faithful One
= My Restorer
= My All in All
I'm going to miss our room a lot . . . I miss the girls already.
Thanks for everything, ladies. I [heart/stomach/kidney etc.] you both. :) Praise God for the time we did have together.
Tuesday, December 18, 2007
Four down and none to go. I'm done with my finals! Classes are complete: conducting, finance, accounting, income tax, and math. The end. I'm free.
Looking forward to delicious quality time with the roommates this evening. God is good . . . and it's going to be hard to say goodbye.
"The intricacies of His sovereign will and the pace at which He effects it--'deliberate speed, majestic instancy'--are beyond me now, but I am sure His plan is in operation."
Praise the Lord.
Thursday, December 13, 2007
- I haven't been to the gym in about two weeks. Maybe longer than than. That's the first time I've gone that long without exercising (besides dancing) in my entire college career.
- I skipped three classes in one day. That's an amazing first for me. If you only knew my views of skipping when I was a freshman . . .
- I wore PJ pants in public for the first time ever last weekend. And I did it during rounds in four dorms. I almost couldn't do it . . . I was just about to change into jeans . . . but Holly made me. I'm glad she did. I feel like I conquered a fear.
- I wrote a paper and printed the completed project in one sitting. A three-page paper on my opinion of the current tax code. And I did not make up an opinion; I actually have one.
- I was going to write that I lost a glove for the first time this semester (which is not an unusual occurrance for me). But, tonight I found it. I lost it in the lining of my new coat. I guess it's the first time I've ever done that.
- I did a ballet piece on Bethel's stage. I've been waiting four years to do that.
Class update. I'm surviving . . . still breathing. Three projects due tomorrow. Three tests between Monday and Tuesday. Two are cummulative. None of my study guides are done yet. It's going to be a fun weekend.
Pushing through to the finish.
Sunday, December 9, 2007
Breathe. Just breathe. In and out.
Shekinah Glory performed for a men's basketball halftime on Friday night. I was slightly nervous when the music didn't start right away. (Okay. I was very nervous. I could only think about what happened two years ago). But, they eventually got it working and I had a blast dancing. I think all of the girls enjoyed it. Yay for praising God in different ways!
I was encouraged on Friday by a not-so-random thought. Jesus is my friend. I was also encouraged as I reminded myself that I am so blessed. Here I am: in America, going to a Christian private school, learning and earning a degree, dancing, and serving girls. I am so blessed . . . and I choose to focus on that instead of the general craziness.
Only 9 more days at school. Then the stress will end. And half of my senior year will be done. And I can go home. Yet, my time with Holly will be over. Sadness in the midst of sweetness. (Holly--my amazing roommate of 4ish years--I'm going to miss you greatly.)
This is my anthem; this is my song.
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful; He will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.
Praise God. Just because.
Just because He is worthy and worth it all.
I give all honor to Him.
Wednesday, December 5, 2007
Monday, December 3, 2007
- slept in until 9am (skipped Finance and Chapel)
- 9-11am: get ready, breakfast, talk to Mom, tax problems, and e-mails for Shekinah
- 11am-12pm: Conducting class
- 12-1pm: Math class
- 1-2pm: work in the Semester Abroad Office
- 2-3pm: Federal Income Tax class
- 3-3:30pm: nap
- 3:30-5pm: prepare for Insiders study
- 5-7:30pm: dinner at Chinese buffet with Semester Abroad office staff
- 7:30-8pm: study for accounting test
- 8-8:30pm: talk to Gary
- 8:30-9pm: study for test
- 9-10:30pm: Insider Bible study
- 10:30pm-12:30am: study for test
- asleep by 1am
Tuesday, December 4, 2007
- up at 6:30am, get ready for the day
- 7-8am: study
- 8-9:30am: Accounting test #4
- 9:30-10:30am: work on Finance study guide in the computer lab
- 10:30-12am: devotions at Sufficient Grounds
- 12am-1pm: lunch with Lindsay Johnson (one of my girls from Shekinah Glory)
- 1-3pm: work in the Semester Abroad office and talk to my RD, Julie
- 3-5pm: study for Finance test (Wed @ 8am)
- 5-6pm: talk with roommates and Math problems
- 6-8pm: small group Shekinah Glory practice
- 8-10pm: study for Finance test in the library
- 10-11pm: shower, dinner and Math problems
- asleep by 11:30pm