Tuesday, December 25, 2007

Christmastime

I like Christmas. It comes right after Easter as one of my favorite special days.

I like being off of school. (PS: This is my last Christmas break ever. Sadness.) I like being cozy inside. I like being with the family. I like going to a Christmas Eve service at 11pm. I like looking at our stockings. I like arguing about who will open their gift last and let the others go first.

Praise God for Christmas.
Without His coming, there would be absolutely no reason for me to celebrate.
Indeed--celebration and thanksgiving and praise must be my reaction.

I'm so comforted:
"As a father has compassion on his children, so the LORD has compassion on those who fear Him; for He knows how we are formed, He remembers that we are dust." Psalm 103:13-14

I'm so thankful:
"If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there Your hand will guide me, Your right hand will hold me fast." Psalm 139:9-10

Again, praise God!
Jans

1 comment:

  1. Don't say it will be your last Christmas break ever. You don't know where you'll be down the road. I never thought I'd be working at a school, but...voila! I am on Christmas break again! Feels good! Glad you're enjoying it!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete