Thursday, December 13, 2007

Firsts

I thought of these "firsts" as I was falling asleep this morning at 1am.
  • I haven't been to the gym in about two weeks. Maybe longer than than. That's the first time I've gone that long without exercising (besides dancing) in my entire college career.
  • I skipped three classes in one day. That's an amazing first for me. If you only knew my views of skipping when I was a freshman . . .
  • I wore PJ pants in public for the first time ever last weekend. And I did it during rounds in four dorms. I almost couldn't do it . . . I was just about to change into jeans . . . but Holly made me. I'm glad she did. I feel like I conquered a fear.
  • I wrote a paper and printed the completed project in one sitting. A three-page paper on my opinion of the current tax code. And I did not make up an opinion; I actually have one.
  • I was going to write that I lost a glove for the first time this semester (which is not an unusual occurrance for me). But, tonight I found it. I lost it in the lining of my new coat. I guess it's the first time I've ever done that.
  • I did a ballet piece on Bethel's stage. I've been waiting four years to do that.

Class update. I'm surviving . . . still breathing. Three projects due tomorrow. Three tests between Monday and Tuesday. Two are cummulative. None of my study guides are done yet. It's going to be a fun weekend.

Pushing through to the finish.
Jans

3 comments:

  1. Fight through, my friend. We're almost done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You can make it!! I'll try to get my Aruba photos out of the camera and into your inbox soon. Fought off some food poisoning yesterday so I'm just starting to unpack and do laundry today.
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Friend.....3 days.
    In case you had forgotten!!!

    ReplyDelete