Sunday, December 9, 2007

Pressing In

Life is pressing in. (a.k.a. the end of the semester has come and I'm ready to be done.) Almost too much to accomplish and not enough sleep. Shekinah Glory practices and performances. RA mediation meetings. TMJ. Three big projects. Work. On-duty weekend. Four tests. Meeting with students. Brain thinking overtime. Random meetings.

Breathe. Just breathe. In and out.

Shekinah Glory performed for a men's basketball halftime on Friday night. I was slightly nervous when the music didn't start right away. (Okay. I was very nervous. I could only think about what happened two years ago). But, they eventually got it working and I had a blast dancing. I think all of the girls enjoyed it. Yay for praising God in different ways!

I was encouraged on Friday by a not-so-random thought. Jesus is my friend. I was also encouraged as I reminded myself that I am so blessed. Here I am: in America, going to a Christian private school, learning and earning a degree, dancing, and serving girls. I am so blessed . . . and I choose to focus on that instead of the general craziness.

Only 9 more days at school. Then the stress will end. And half of my senior year will be done. And I can go home. Yet, my time with Holly will be over. Sadness in the midst of sweetness. (Holly--my amazing roommate of 4ish years--I'm going to miss you greatly.)

This is my anthem; this is my song.
The theme of the stories I've heard for so long.
God has been faithful; He will be again.
His loving compassion, it knows no end.
Sara Groves

Praise God. Just because.
Just because He is worthy and worth it all.
I give all honor to Him.
Jana Alexis

2 comments:

  1. Man, would I ever love to see you dance. I have such huge respect for people who dance. The coordination of not only being in the right place at the right time, but also looking amazingly graceful and synchronized totally blows me away!

    ReplyDelete
  2. hey jans!
    so, when will i ever see you again? ohhh, that's right - TOMORROW!!!! woohoo...woohoo...

    ReplyDelete