Wednesday, January 23, 2008

MLK Jr. Day

I can't sleep. The caffeine from my after-dinner orange mocha is troubling me. So, therefore, I decided to get out of bed and get something done instead of just laying there, thinking.

Classes were cancelled on Monday from 1-6pm in honor of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Day. The 9 RAs and 2 RDs from Founders Village went to Hope Rescue Mission in South Bend. Three played with kids while the rest of us sorted and organized the donations. I called it before it happened: the girls plodded along steadily from 1:30-4:30 while the guys started goofing off and trying on random outfits after the first 45 minutes. Hilarious. That's exactly what happened in Montreal and Chicago.

I had a good weekend, despite the cold. It was so frigid that Charity and I ran back to the dorm after our hour workout on Saturday morning. Brrrrr. Needless to say, I stayed in my room for the rest of the afternoon. I bravely ventured out again for church on Sunday. It was good to get off-campus and see other people who are not my age.

Charity and I watched "Herbie: Reloaded" on Friday night. I so enjoyed just relaxing with her and laughing and remonstrating with the movie and making loud exclamations and all-around enjoying the film and her company.

Tonight I delivered toilet paper and Grandma's cookies. The chocolate-chip and oatmeal-raisin just about tied in popularity. Only two rooms out of twelve didn't open their doors. That's not a bad percentage.

My theory assignment took me 2 1/2 hours this evening. And I worked for over 2 hours on a case analysis for Business Policy, analyzing Whole Food Markets and making recommendations for the future. After procrastinating for awhile by playing on Facebook and getting interrupted with wonderful phone calls (Julie, Dad, and Alexis), I finally got it started and then it wasn't so bad after all. I guess I'm a business major for a good reason: I like it.

I discovered a new weakness of mine. Cookies. (Or maybe it's just that I'm finally admitting it.)

I hope you enjoyed this smattering of tidbits from the enormously exciting life of Jana Alexis.


6 comments:

  1. I dig the new blog look. Very elemental. I wonder which room didn't want TP? I'd make a second round... sounds like something is up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Grandma's Oatmeal cookies.Yum.:0)
    Thanks for talking last night. It was real good. I'm glad to hear that things are going well for you and that things are getting back to normal. love you Jans.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey girl....yes, I am enjoying my BUSINESS classes this semester. Not so much my Biology class. Ugh.

    So guess what I did last night? Took off my finger nails :) That means they were on for almost 3 weeks! Have you done it yet? I will admit that I actually enjoyed them after awhile. I might (MIGHT) even do it again sometime. But don't tell anyone I said that ;)

    Miss ya girl...praying for you....take care :):)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you so much and am glad we got to talk to you. You are my TLF and I am praying and thinking about you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm...cookies! Make mine chocolate chip, no nuts please. Choc. chip cookie bars are my ultimate college favorite. I need to send you that recipe.
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's good you're finally able to admit your weakness for cookies... It's a healthy thing to live in the open, honest truth. :) Jana... I like your updates.

    ReplyDelete