Monday, February 11, 2008

My Easy Load

Class news:
  • Business Policy: Definitely not my favorite class, although the first test wasn't too bad today. It's the huge group project I'm dreading--7 people, 30 page paper, 30 minute presentation, 38% of our grade, no feedback from the professor. I'm just a little frustrated but trying to do my best.
  • Music Theory: I found out today that I won't have any tests for this private tutorial. I show up for our one-on-one; I understand the material; I finish the homework assignments; and then I get an "A." I think I can handle that.
  • Human Resource Management: I'm actually kind of enjoying this class. Our test last week wasn't that bad. I enjoy studying concepts and not memorizing.
  • Speech: Speaking of memorizing (no pun intended), I need to be doing a lot for this class. Our first test is on Thursday and it's just lists of information. Oh--and my first two speeches went well. For the second special occasion speech, I did a eulogy as if I was at John the Baptist's funeral.
  • Accounting: Still enjoying this subject; yet, it's harder for me. We're studying bonds and stocks right now and it's all new information. I hope my professor can help me with the homework before class tomorrow because I definitely don't understand it.

The classes this semester aren't my favorite. Maybe I'm just ready to be done. Despite this, I'm pressing forward. The end is in sight. I can't let up now.

Praise God for a relaxing weekend at home. My job interviews were so encouraging. I went to my brother's soccer game. I spent time at the coffee shop with God and my homework. I went to church. I went shopping by myself. I watched movies with the family and ate Pineapple Upside-down Cake.

I sat in RediMed for two hours (for an eye allergic reaction) which actually turned out to be a blessing. God met me in that waiting room while I read "My Heart's Cry: Longing for More of Jesus" by Anne Graham Lotz. I just love it how Jesus does that--meets me in a very real way in the oddest places. I block out distractions for a little bit and spend some time at His feet.

Lord, all that I can't carry and cannot leave behind,
It often overwhelms me.
But when I think of all who've gone before and lived the faithful life,
Their courage compels me .
And when I'm weary and overwrought with so many battles left unfought:

I think of Paul and Silas in the prison yard.
I hear their song of freedom rising to the stars.
I see the shepherd Moses in Pharaoh's court.
I hear his call for freedom for the people of the Lord.
And when the Saints go marching in,
I want to be one of them.

I see the man of sorrows and His long troubled road.
I see the world on His shoulders and my easy load.
lyrics by Sara Groves

Longing for more of the King
And for His Kingdom.
J. Alexis

1 comment:

  1. I'm glad you had a relaxing weekend - you definitely needed it! Sorry to hear about the allergic reaction, but glad for the blessings that came with it. I wish I could have heard your speech for John the Baptist's funeral - what a neat idea. Sorry to hear Music Theory is such a burden to you... :) Love you and miss you!

    ReplyDelete