Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Life is Full

Sometimes I don't know where to even start writing. Life is so full. I am learning and growing in so many areas. It is not always easy but good nonetheless.

Monday night we went to bed with greenish-brownish grass and woke up with 4-5 inches of snow. Winter again. It is beautiful but I agree with Charity: I would like it much better if I could stay in our apartment with a hot drink and a good book. We always joke about a snow day, knowing it will never happen.

I'm trying to stay on top of my schoolwork and get ahead for Spring Break. Why is the last semester of my senior year one of my hardest? It's slightly frustrating.
  • Music Theory: Plugging away. Only two more chapters to complete.
  • Accounting: The test yesterday morning was really hard and I ran out of time. I have no idea how I did.
  • HR: I have a presentation on Thursday and a big project to work on over break.
  • Policy: Our second test is on Friday and I typed up a 20 page study guide. I have a lot of work to do for this class over break.
  • Speech: Our group demonstration speech went terribly yesterday. Bad for my grade; good for my pride.

I gave myself a papercut under my finger-nail. Do you have any idea how painful that is?

I went to a Lady Pilot's basketball game last night and sat with some of the other RAs. Have you ever been in a crowd of people and still felt lonely? It's not exactly a fun feeling.

I planned a jewelry party for the girls in Founders Village on Sunday night. About 21 girls showed up--a good turnout for an event. I made a gold/silver/black necklace. Quite classy.

I crocheted some more over the weekend and last night. My scarf is almost finished.

I had a wonderful quiet time between Chapel and my 1-on-1 with Julie this morning. I so enjoyed reading, praying, journaling, learning, studying, growing, soaking it all in.

However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
Acts 20:24

Praising Him no matter what.
Jans

3 comments:

  1. Being lonely in a group of people is probably the loneliest lonely there is...

    Hang in there you're on the home stretch now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The ladies at work and I were talking about how pretty is was outside on Tuesday...and how it would be even prettier if we were at home wrapped in a blanket and reading a good book with a cup of tea in your hand. Too bad work never gets canceled for snow!! And I never had school cancelations either....I think I'm "cancelation deprived." :0) Love you hun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad we got to have lunch together today.

    I know what it's like to feel alone in a crowd. You're not alone.

    I am praying for you.

    Remember to take some time to breathe over break ;)

    Love you,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete