Saturday, February 2, 2008

Not my week . . . but

This has not been my week.
  • I couldn't understand accounting and missed quite a few problems on my homework.
  • I opened a door on myself and bruised my knee.
  • I was completely frustrated with my theory homework, taking 1 hour to do 9 short problems.
  • I ruined two nails.
  • I thought I disappointed a friend.
  • I spent an entire day with my weaknesses hanging over my head.
  • I missed a perfectly good opportunity to talk to some girls on my floor.
  • I doubted myself.
  • I burnt chocolate chips while making Puppy Chow. (Don't ask how I did this unless you want a good laugh.)
  • I bruised my calf muscle pretty badly.
  • I almost lost my glasses.

And then I read this: "But we have this treasure in jars of clay to show that this all surpassing power is from God and not from us." (2 Cor. 4:7) and this "Jesus said, 'It is not the healthy who need a doctor, but the sick. But go and learn what this means: "I desire mercy, not sacrifice." For I have not come to call the righteous, but sinners.'" (Matt. 9:12-13)

That's me.
I'm sick. I'm the sinner.
Yet, He graciously provides mercy. "...through God's mercey..." (2 Cor. 4:1)
I didn't realize that verse in Matthew applies to me.

And so, despite all of the hard things this week, Jesus is good to me.

  • I prayed with two girls at two different lunch dates.
  • A good friend let me call at all hours.
  • My fellow RAs were such an encouragment. One dropped by with hot chocolate and a wonderful note.
  • I so enjoyed choreographing for Shekinah Glory and leading our rehearsal.
  • I went off-campus with Nora this afternoon.
  • I was able to talk to my brother at college.
  • Nora, Megan, and I "skyped" with Holly for an hour.
  • I watched "Wuthering Heights" (...watching a movie in the middle of the week...amazing!).
  • Dwight Robinson, our World Christian Action Conference speaker, challenged me.
  • Jesus is coming alive to me as I study the Gospel of John.

Praise God.
He is merciful and loving me still.
Jana Alexis

3 comments:

  1. i'm sorry that you had a hard week, Jana. i'm glad, though, that you are seeing God work in your life as well.
    love you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. In the words of Bono... some days are better than others. Hang in there. This is the last semester...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so you know, i've been praying for you.
    Love ya.

    ReplyDelete