Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Praise Jesus

Praise Jesus: I had such a wonderful Spring Break. You wouldn't believe all that I can cram into one week: Visit from Amy. Drive to visit Jason. Visit Millers. Ice skating and Starbucks with the girls. Homework. Skype with Holly. Two interviews. Paint my room with Dad. Hair appointment (don't worry--just a trim). Dinners with the family. Visit with Cindi DeSomer and her children (good friend who I haven't seen in 8 years!). Visit with my Great Grandma Mann (who is 98).

Praise Jesus: I had a dentist appointment last week. For the first time in exactly one year, I did not need to have my mouth piece adjusted. Perhaps my jaw is finally stabilizing!!! I was so happy. My dentist gave me a high-five.

Praise Jesus: I came back to school refreshed and ready to finish the last six weeks strong. I decided that I'm not going to simply survive; I'm going to live.

Praise Jesus: I got a bad grade on two speeches . . . but I'm okay with it. I did not beat myself up. I'll learn from this and move on. Grades are not my life.

Praise Jesus: My Semester Abroad Office boss returns from China on Friday. Next week will be my last to work in the office. I'm ready to be free of that responsibility.

Praise Jesus!
Jana Alexis

PS: Do you have a tune that always plays in your head? I often find myself humming one from "Seven Brides for Seven Brothers." It annoyed one of my teammates in Australia--she couldn't stand it. I feel semi-bad for the rest of you who have to be around me a lot. :)

3 comments:

  1. Love the new header pic. It's a gooder.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm sitting here trying to figure out who you could possibly be talking about in that last sentence...don't feel bad (even "semi-bad" for anyone who has to be around you a lot--it's an honor one will miss when the opportunity to be around you a lot is gone...

    ...trust me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm not sure i've ever noticed you humming that tune. But maybe i just don't know what tune you are talking about.

    I know it's only Thursday, but i haven't really seen you since Monday. Maybe we should change that...?

    ReplyDelete