Monday, March 31, 2008

Shadow Songs

Music Theory is finished.
I had my last Business Policy test this morning (for which I typed 40 pages of study notes).
I'm wearing a skirt and tennis-shoes today.
Holly comes back in 17 days.
Last night, the roommates and I enjoyed leftover pizza, fruit salad, and popcorn for dinner.
Currently, my favorite movie is "August Rush."
I plan to spend the afternoon writing an HR paper on recruitment, selection, and appraisal.
Charity knocked over my flowers again. :)
Amy and I caught up on life last night.
Still waiting on job information.

--------------------------------------------------

I have seen You in Your sanctuary and gazed upon Your power and glory. Your unfailing love is better than life itself; how I praise You! I will praise You as long as I live, lifting up my hands to You in prayer. You satisfy me more than the richest feast. I will praise You with songs of joy. I lie awake thinking of You, meditating on You through the night. Because You are my helper, I sing for joy in the shadow of Your wings. I cling to You; Your strong right hand holds me securely. (Psalm 63, NLT)

--------------------------------------------------

Life is unrelenting. Doubts are real.
Yet, my Jesus is perfectly faithful. And perfect love banishes fear.
So I sing songs of joy in the shadow of His wings.
Shadow songs. My heart's cry.
For more of Jesus.
For more of His love in my life.
For more glory to be given to the Father.
Shadow songs. In spite of life. In awe of Jesus.
Because He is perfectly worthy.
Amen--let it be so.

Jana

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful poem. You have a beautiful desire for Christ. It's amazing :) You are constantly growing, but always reaching for more of Him.

    Love you,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes...I did knock over your flowers again.

    Know what I've decided? Sometimes (often) life straws, but my Jesus carries me through. =)

    So...I'm sorry for the flower incident(s)--do you forgive me? *puppy eyes*

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't believe you are nearing the end of one chapter, and close to the beginning of a new one. Seems like so long ago for me, but it was a fabulous time I will cherish forever. Savor the moments...photograph...blog/journal...photograph some more.

    Have a nice weekend!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete