Friday, April 25, 2008

Complete

My Bethel College career is almost complete. Classes are done! No more tests, papers, projects, presentations, quizzes, extra credit opportunities, finals, or late nights studying. I know I will eventually miss the chance to learn in a classroom environment . . . but right now I'm content to bask in the knowledge of something finished.

This morning was our last Chapel. Holly reminded me of that while I was getting ready. Certainly a bittersweet realization. I was drawn into worship with my fellow Bethel-ians as I remembered the reality of Jesus' sacrifice for me. "Stand in awe and worship. Raise your voice and worship. Come adore the King of kings and Lord of lords."

There's this nagging voice in the back of my head that says--Jana, why aren't you being productive? I keep reminding it that I don't have to be productive right now. It's okay to take some time to relax and enjoy this time.

Just so you know--I now have a blister on the opposite foot, same toe. It's from running. I think my roommates are tired of hearing me whine about it. Pain in the feet is not fun. That's what I get for dancing and exercising. :)

More important than my soon-to-be-completed Bethel career is this overwhelming knowledge of my completeness in Jesus. There's nothing I can do or be . . . and that's okay. He did it all for me.

He was delivered to death for my sins and was raised to life for my justification. Therefore, since I have been justified through faith, I have peace with God through my Lord Jesus Christ, through whom I have gained access by faith into this grace in which I now stand. And I rejoice in the hope of the glory of God. Romans 4:25-5:2

Signed by a very happy me.
Jana Alexis

1 comment:

  1. Hey you. I like the new layout. Very you.:0) Thanks for talking today and for being excited.:0) You're the best and i can't wait to se eyou in 1 week and 2 days.
    :0) Can't wait to see you!
    much ♥

    ReplyDelete