Sunday, April 13, 2008

Giants

I just trekked to the Computer Lab to print some fliers wearing an outfit that doesn't match in the least: comfy gray pants, brown/blue fleece jacket, brown slip-ons. Last year I definitely would have refused to leave my room in such a hideous ensemble. I'm growing up.

My Sunday afternoon consisted of devotions, briefly finishing an accounting study guide, talking to Jessica for a bit, and reading for three hours. I got stuck in a book . . . and finished it. Not exactly the most productive thing to do but terribly relaxing.

The sermon at church this morning was so good. Pastor Rick continued the series on David and Goliath. I was challenged to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus: "Giant killers are consumed with the reality/magnificence of God!" Notes from the service:
  • "David sees the giant, mind you; he just sees God more so." Max Lucado
  • Tackle your giant with eternal motive!
  • It's not about your "Goliath"; it's about your God.
  • If people around us watch us be defeated by our giants, what does it say about our God?
  • Tackle your giant with absolute confidence!
  • You are fighting an already defeated enemy.
  • What is your mind full of? Is it full of how big your God is?
  • It's time to move into action. Refuse anything short of decapitation.
  • "You face giants by facing God first." Max Lucado

Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?" Isaiah 40

Have I ever said how much I love my roommates? I sure enjoyed our laughs and talks this evening. I don't have pictures with both of them (we'll have to remedy that), but here's one picture that makes me smile.



Signing off.
Jans

2 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you going out in unmatching, comfy clothes! Sometimes that's just more important!!

    I can't believe you are so close!! I hope you keep blogging after graduation. I need someone to inspire me to type more than 2 sentences per post on my blog!!!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  2. your roommate -- CharityApril 16, 2008 at 9:08 PM

    Yes, we need to remedy that picture situation....but the picture you posted made me smile as well....so thank you for that. =)

    I'm trying to remember what our roommate conversation consisted of that night....???? It doesn't really matter I guess because I have enjoyed EVERY conversation we've had! =)

    Love you!
    I'm sorry I've been so "absent" in the last few days....or just an "emotional thinker" =)

    ReplyDelete