My Sunday afternoon consisted of devotions, briefly finishing an accounting study guide, talking to Jessica for a bit, and reading for three hours. I got stuck in a book . . . and finished it. Not exactly the most productive thing to do but terribly relaxing.
The sermon at church this morning was so good. Pastor Rick continued the series on David and Goliath. I was challenged to keep my eyes fixed on Jesus: "Giant killers are consumed with the reality/magnificence of God!" Notes from the service:
- "David sees the giant, mind you; he just sees God more so." Max Lucado
- Tackle your giant with eternal motive!
- It's not about your "Goliath"; it's about your God.
- If people around us watch us be defeated by our giants, what does it say about our God?
- Tackle your giant with absolute confidence!
- You are fighting an already defeated enemy.
- What is your mind full of? Is it full of how big your God is?
- It's time to move into action. Refuse anything short of decapitation.
- "You face giants by facing God first." Max Lucado
Who has measured the waters in the hollow of his hand, or with the breadth of his hand marked off the heavens? Who has held the dust of the earth in a basket, or weighed the mountains on the scales and the hills in a balance?" Isaiah 40Have I ever said how much I love my roommates? I sure enjoyed our laughs and talks this evening. I don't have pictures with both of them (we'll have to remedy that), but here's one picture that makes me smile.