Friday, May 2, 2008

Finals Phase I

I know. I know. I didn't have to take any finals. And classes have been done since last Friday. Yet, at times this feels like a true "finals" week because I'm trying to wrap up e-v-e-r-y-t-h-i-n-g from four years. So many emotions and highs and lows and anticipations and goodbyes. Holly and I decided we don't particularly like this stage of fluctuation. But, I'm trying to ride it and enjoy this time as much as I can.

There's so much to share about this past week. Here's random thoughts in no particular order. And there's so many they may need to spill over into another post . . .

I made a quick trip home from Sunday evening to Tuesday morning. Five and a half hours of interviews on Monday was exhausting. No conclusive job information yet. I'm just trusting! (trusting Him, of course)

I did have one test this week---an SAT-like test for the business department to help them see how well they taught the seniors. Wednesday morning at 9am. No studying required. Not a big deal. And I remembered quite a lot, I thought.

Sleeping has been a struggle this week. Too much on my mind.

The weekend with the roommates--Charity, Megan, Holly--and Nora was amazing. Friday night we went to the South Bend Chocolate Cafe after getting dressed up. I enjoyed a delicious raspberry cheesecake and real hot chocolate with Charity. We finished up the night at Midnight Breakfast.




Saturday morning we all got up at 8am to eat a chocolate chip/almond pancake breakfast prepared by our wonderful Holly. Then we headed to Goodwill for a 50% off sale. I love thrift shopping and I especially love helping other people shop. There is a method to my madness. Meg, Charity, Holly, and I all hit a clothes jackpot and Nora found a sweet Polaroid camera. $20 was my limit and I only spent $19.26. :)

That accomplished, we quickly grabbed our beach stuff, picked up lunch and coffee drinks at Sufficient, and headed to Warren Dunes. It was freezing and the wind was blowing (which means the sand was blowing like crazy) and we still had an amazing time. Naps on the beach wrapped in blankets was the first order-of-business. Until Charity decided it was time to wake us all up and do something. So, we climbed to the top of the big dune.

We came back exhausted. I was covered with sand---still found some in my eyes the next morning. And that dune climbing wiped me out. But it was certainly worth it for tradition and new memories sake. I had a marvelous time with my Bethel friends.

This verse was running through my mind as I fell asleep last night: "Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious . . ."
I'm clinging to that.
Jana Alexis

2 comments:

  1. I loved reading your post and "reliving" those wonderful recent memories...I know that I'll remember them for a long time.

    I'm glad that I got to see you this morning--and that I still will see you on Sunday!

    Psalm 63 -- esp. vs. 6-8

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I love you. And I greatly enjoyed being able to make new memories with you last weekend :)

    Love ya!!!

    ReplyDelete