Monday, May 26, 2008

Real Life Begins

No more need to wear a sign. Praise God: I have a job! I start work tomorrow at Ambassador Family Enterprises as the Executive Assistant. They are a holding company (overseeing a steel company, a boat company, and a foundation) and a think-tank of sorts. My duties will include secretarial jobs and also project/research work. I'm so grateful for God's provision.

I'm excited about the job but that means my 3-week vacation is over. I've sure enjoyed this time to just relax and organize and be with my family and get sun. My friends in Indy adopted me for the weekend again. This time we went boating after church on Sunday. Perfect weather and great friends--can't get any better than that.

Real life begins. Am I ready for this? I'm ready for a steady income (what a concept!), a schedule, and a purpose for my day (beyond relaxing).

I feel like I'm coming into my own again--fortifying the foundation of me. Transitioning back to life in Fort Wayne has been rough at times but I'm trying not to rush myself. There is time. Through it all, God is so good and faithful to me. His assurance and friendship is sweet.

The Lord is my shepherd; I shall not be in want. . . . He restores my soul. He guides me . . ."
Psalm 23

Hanging in there,
Jana Alexis

4 comments:

  1. It's so exciting that you have a job! :)

    I'm praying for you as you continue your transition.

    Love you,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations Jana! Proud of you girl! :)
    Rose

    ReplyDelete
  3. How was your first day? I hope perfect!!
    Love & hugs,
    Aunt Cate

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats first of course! And for sure enjoy every minute of this.

    Give yourself 6 months to learn you job. It generally takes at least that long depending on what you're doing! All that to say, don't be too hard on your self as you learn along the way...

    ReplyDelete