- I've been working (obviously).
- I danced in my friend, Stephanie's wedding. Such an honor!
- I visited Indy twice.
- I spent 3 hours at a coffee shop, just for fun.
- I hurt my calf dancing and haven't been able to run in a week.
- I was mom last week, because my Mom was in Virginia (that means cooking, cleaning, and laundry for whomever happened to be home).
- Jess and I cooked Pad Thai for dinner one night and went to Concordia to talk.
- I got my hair cut for the first time in 5 months.
- I went shopping for work clothes--and, thanks to Liz, it was quite successful.
- I've been enjoying Ephesians and 1 Peter chapter 1.
Working for a family with millions is an interesting experience. I'm not sure I'd want that kind of money (although I would probably figure out how to handle it). I read this today:
- Chance of winning the mega millions lottery jackpot: 1 in 175,711,536
- Chance of winning a million-dollar game-show price (after you beat the odds of actually getting on the set): 1 in 414,414
- Chance of inheriting $1 million (even if you attend all the family functions): slim to none
So, there are your encouraging odds. :)
Do you want to know where you have better odds? Get this . . . when you pray for forgiveness and seek the grace of Jesus Christ, it's right there. Every time. He is faithful to forgive and to answer everyone who surrenders. His sacrifice paid the whole price of my rebellion. Completely. There's no guesswork, no hoping, no wishing. It's done. He did/does/will do it.
And that's a million times better than a trillion dollars.
Truly, He is my Hope.