Tuesday, July 1, 2008

Right Now

"The God who orchestrates the universe has a good many things to consider that have not occurred to me, and it is well that I leave them to Him. But one thing I do understand: He offers me holiness at the price of relinquishing my own will." (Elizabeth Elliot)

I don't know what Jesus is doing.
I'm trying to trust Him with the process when I don't know the end result.
I'm learning to listen.
There is grace for mistakes.
Did You know that His plan is most likely beyond the scope of your immediate vision?
I trust this faithful God -- the One Who delights in making me more like Jesus.
And, if I ask Him, He'll make me more like Jesus, no matter what it takes.
Even if it involves pain or difficulty.
He is not concerned with keeping me "safe" or "happy."

I want Jesus to know that "I fully intend to obey Him." (Elizabeth Elliot)
No matter what.
Right now.

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Jana. I needed to read this today...I don't know what God is doing in my life either. You phrased it as a question--just what I needed--"Did you know that His plan is most likely beyond the scope of your immediate vision?" Though I know this, I had to be reminded. It's strange how sometimes the things we learn in the light (or on the mountain) are so difficult to remember when we are in the dark (or in the valley).
    Jana, I really admire your dedicated life to the Lord. Thanks for being such a great example to me!
    Love, Charity

    ReplyDelete