Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Sorry

I know. I know. It's summer and I don't do a very good job of keeping up my blog. So, in an effort to bring you up-to-date . . . here are 9 random happenings from the last month.
  1. Work at Ambassador is c-r-a-z-y but I'm loving it. They sold our steel company for $175 million and the official closing is on Friday . . . which means the executives are all a little stressed.
  2. I'm okay with not returning to Bethel College in a week (like I have for the last 4 years). However, I will miss not starting new classes. Believe it or not, I will miss that season of focused learning.
  3. Weekends are for relaxing . . . sort of. Mine seem to stay pretty full lately. Plus, I'm having trouble adjusting to a 50-hr work week. Which leaves me exhausted quite a bit.
  4. Why am I so busy (besides work), you may ask? Well, I am blessed with this amazing boyfriend who happens to live in Indianapolis. But, even with the distance, we manage to see each other and talk quite a bit.
  5. We had an Egle 101 reunion last week. I have such great memories with Holly, Megan, and Charity. I so enjoyed our time sharing and praying.
  6. More information about this boyfriend of mine? Well, his name is Bryce Langebartels; he's a fire-fighter/paramedic; and he loves to worship Jesus. My friends in Indy--Greg and Liz--introduced us in April.
  7. My family went to Warren Dunes today for our one-day family vacation. Listening to music. Reading Ephesians. Eating M&Ms. Climbing the dunes. Hanging out in the water. Walking along the beach. I love it there. And I love my family.
  8. I'm having a little trouble deciding what I should be involved in this fall. So many opportunities but I want to be wise about what I do. Praying for wisdom . . .
  9. Jason leaves for Huntington University tomorrow and Jessica leaves in exactly a week. The Eberly family is scattering . . . and I'm not sure how I feel about that.

Praise Jesus!
I glorify the One Who matters.
Most.
I worship the name of the One Who knows me.
Best.
I bow before the One Who forgives.
Over and over.
I adore the Person Who gives me hope.
Forever.
I praise the One Who loves me.
Perfectly.
I magnify the name of Him Who is faithful.
Always.
I honor the One Who gives grace.
Again and again.
Amen.

2 comments:

  1. So good to finally read an update :) I wish i could have seen you when you were around, or did you all visit in Ft. W?

    It's so cool to see how the Lord is blessing you :)

    Love you,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. i keep thinking i need to update my blog...it's good to see i'm not the only one who waits for so long to do it. :) (actually...you're much better with it than i am)

    one thing though....i feel like i look terrible in that picture :P ...i feel badly too b/c when we were driving back i felt like i was being a poor communicator and listener--when i got home i was exhausted (i think mostly emotionally), so I'm sorry for that drive home.

    i enjoyed seeing you and hope to more! it's great to hear about all that's going on in your life.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete