Tuesday, September 16, 2008

AFE Stories

AFE = Ambassador Family Enterprises

The place I call "home" about 45 hours of the week.

What does a typical day look like in the life of Jana? That's a good question. It's never the same.

Today: pick up the PO Box mail, arrive @ ten till 8am, Learning Time class for 2 hours, sort mail, respond to 15 e-mails, call the payroll contact, lunch with Alex (yay!), create a credit card manual in Word, 401(k) meeting, create a Contact Card and Feedback form for a meeting on Thursday, respond to a few more e-mails, and finally head for home @ 6:20pm.

Last week I gave myself two paper cuts on my hangnail on my pointer finger. Do you know how hard it is to do things with a Bandaid on your pointer finger? Especially typing.

I had the most amazing plum at work the other day. Nanci - our Cafe lady - has been buying different fruit lately. Now I'm craving a kiwi. I'll have to see if she can find those . . . although I'm sure they won't be half as good as the ones in Australia.

Elizabeth (my direct supervisor), Arlan (my direct Vice-President supervisor), and I all wore green last Thursday. Zach (a support colleague and cubicle partner) missed the memo and wore blue. We dubbed it "green day" and then all decided to make Friday "black day."

I'm on a tea kick now. They have honey-vanilla-chamomile tea in the Cafe, which is amazing. Definitely my new favorite. Drinking tea brings back lovely memories of last year in Egle 101, making me slightly homesick for those girls, that room, and those conversations.

So, there you have it. Random stories and snippets from my AFE life.

Striving to "consider Jesus" above all.
Jana

3 comments:

  1. Jana,

    So good to see an update and hear about what at least one day is like for you! :) At least it keeps life exciting when each day is completely different. Do you remember my large assortment of tea's? I don't drink them often enough.

    Love ya,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi beautiful friend!
    this morning i had Irish Breakfast tea - memories from last year came back for me as well...what a wonderful time that was and what a blessing that God gives us the ability to remember!
    love you, Jana.
    p.s. i got rid of some of the crazy teas that no one but me ever drank (and i didn't exactly savor them) - i still have a lot of jasmine and rose tea! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really enjoyed hearing about your plum. And I wish I could have some honey vanilla chamomile tea with you right now... in our black & white roomie mugs! Love you!!!

    ReplyDelete