Tuesday, September 9, 2008

daily tasks

"The kingdom of God does not operate spectacularly, with a sudden rush of irresistible force, but rather like a seed and yeast. These are small and wholly unimpressive and go to work only when buried . . . ready to begin the slow and marvelous process of transformation." E. Elliot

Daily tasks.
Drinking water. Delivering mail. Transcribing phone messages.
Apparent monotony.
Jesus is there.

Small crisises.
Tempation to be stressed and worried.
Yet, rememberance of many things to be thankful for.
Jesus is there.

Life continues for Jana Alexis. For my friends away I would like to update with something . . . but I'm not even sure what to write about. Let's see . . . my weekend consisted of moving rooms, biking with Bryce, hanging with the Millers, MIMETime at Grabill Fair, drive to Indy, church at Eagle, Subway lunch, helping setup for an event, naps, Country Night, and drive back to Fort Wayne. Crazy. I know.

Yet, during the week seems slow at times for me. I'm working, practicing the bass and playing for youth group, trying to exercise, attending a soccer game here and there, talking on the phone to a certain someone, and meeting with Jesus. My hours at work haven't been too crazy, which is lovely. I'm trying to keep some boundaries and leave on time, or close to on time.

It's in the daily, seemingly-visionless times that the true challenge of following Jesus arises. It's in the times of transition and instability. Will I trust Him? Will I continue to serve and to praise Him? May it be so.

In Him.
Jana Alexis

3 comments:

  1. Jana,

    It's good to finally have another update to read! I've missed you this semester. I'm glad you've been able to get back to playing bass :)

    Praying for you that you won't get bogged down in the day-to-day.

    Love you,
    Nora

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I am so glad that you are playing on Wednesday nights. I'm glad to share that corner with you.:D

    Also....subway lunches are pretty amazing.
    Just thought you should know.;)
    ♥ ya!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for updating for your "friends from far away"... I think maybe I'm one of those friends! ;)

    ReplyDelete