Wednesday, February 24, 2010

i promise i didn't hit the snooze

For Lent I decided to fast from the snooze button. I really need to do a better job of getting up in the morning and I need to spend more time with Jesus. That = getting up when the alarm goes off (and not 20-60 minutes later as I've been doing lately).

The first 2 mornings I did great.

The third morning I put my phone across the room so that I would have to get out of bed to turn it off. But I forgot one important thing: to switch the volume from vibrate to high.

Bryce turned on the light at 7:10 a.m.
"Jana, it's seven ten."
My first thought: why didn't my alarm go off?
It was quiet for a minute and then I heard the alarm vibrating softly.
I say, "It's been going off for 40 minutes?"
Bryce says, "Yep."
I peek with one eye at Bryce and grin.
I say, "At least I didn't hit the snooze."

It went something like that.

I technically did not break my fast but I'm not sure that this morning actually counted. I promise that I did not do it on purpose. I do have some time this evening to spend with Jesus, so I'll make sure I get it in. I want to get it in. I need to be with Jesus.

Disclaimer: I may not actually get up early on weekends. But, if I do need to get up and I do set my alarm, then I will not hit the snooze.

No comments:

Post a Comment