Thursday, April 15, 2010

attack of the plant

I can be extremely jumpy. I think I get it from my mom. Bryce scares me all the time, mostly unintentionally.

My boss is gone for about two weeks, so yesterday afternoon I decided to clean the desk & shelf in his office. Towards the end of my vigorous furniture polishing, I started to move the fake plant off of the desk. As I was removing it, the leaves started rattling and the more I moved it, the more they protested and the plant almost started coming out of the basket. I literally thought there was something alive in the plant - I made a little screaming sound and dropped it on the floor, scattering wood chips everywhere. Only then did I realize the window blind pull string was stuck in the plant (thus making the leaves rustle when I moved it). I looked at the door to make sure no one was walking by during that little episode.

My heart didn't stop pounding for a good five minutes afterwards. And the plant is still on the floor in the office. I really should go clean it up and put it back on the desk. Maybe tomorrow.

1 comment:

  1. Jana that is so funny. I do stuff like that all the time. Like jumping away from a blowing curtain because I thought something besides the wind was making it move! Ha ha! I'm glad I'm not the only one who does stuff like that. :)

    ReplyDelete