Tuesday, May 25, 2010

design envy

Do you ever struggle with design envy? Or house comparison? Or decoration jealousy? I do. Especially when I check my 12 favorite blogs everyday to see what's new and what these incrediably talented women (who seem to have lots of time on their hands) are doing with their houses now. And then the other day I stumbled across this blog. It's a must read. Please do read it. I was so encouraged & inspired to find my own style & go for it.

http://southernhospitalityblog.com/finding-your-style-what-you-wont-see-in-my-home/

With the surge of decorating on the internet that has been going on for a long while now, it’s easy to get sucked into house envy. We see what everyone else has in their homes and I’m not so sure this habit we have of peeking in the windows of all our online friends is a completely healthy one.

It seems that now that there is SO much out there to absorb and mull over with all the styles and visual overload, we can start to get dissatisfied with what we have. It becomes “oh my gosh, I love that, I want MY house to look like that!"

While there is certainly nothing wrong with getting inspiration and ideas from others in blogland, just be careful that you are going in a direction because YOU truly love it and not because it’s the thing to do this year.

No comments:

Post a Comment