Friday, July 2, 2010

elsalvador: worship moments

As mentioned previously, my favorite & best places to worship are on the top of a mountain with an amazing view or standing at the ocean's edge. I was able to experience both of those on our El Salvador trip. Thursday morning we climbed a mountain. Saturday we visited the Pacific Ocean.

Here is the slightly wimpy mountain climbing group. The majority of the team went up the hard way. Our climb was beautiful nonetheless . . . and relatively painless. :)

The view was magnificent. My awe of God increased with the amazingness of what I could see from that mountaintop.

Me spending some time in contemplation & adoring Jesus.
Can't help it when I get up there.
Ian read the Sermon on the Mount to us. Bryce led worship.
We spent some time in private worship.
It was a special morning.
The Langebartels.
A beach picture. It was a lovely way to end the week - relaxing and playing in the warm water and getting sun and swimming in the pools and laying in the hammock and looking for shells.
I just love the ocean . . . one of my favorite places.
I think this is one of my favorite pictures from the trip.
My wonderful husband and I.
Picture credit: various team members (Libby, Clay, Devan, Leah, etc.)

3 comments:

  1. Love them, love them, love them! I can totally relate with the ocean and mountain-top feelings. Man, I need to get to a beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your pictures dear! How absolutely lovely and so worshipful. I want to go to the ocean with you. :) road trip

    ReplyDelete
  3. GREAT pictures, Jana! 2,3,&7 are my favorites. :)

    ReplyDelete