Wednesday, September 15, 2010

wednesday randomness

Yesterday, I realized around 2:00 p.m. that I was wearing a hideous outfit. Complete with an olive green crochet sweater, red shoes, and gray-blue fingernail polish. But, I wore it confidently. That's what counts, right? (And I'm wearing a much cuter outfit today to make up for it.)

Bryce and I were playing with a glue gun last week when we were putting together my necklace picture frame (okay...he was doing all of the work and I was trying to "help"). In my "helpfulness," I burned my finger really bad. A few moments ago, I realized that the lovely white bubble on the tip of my finger has fallen off, with a hard piece of skin where it used to be. Beware. There is a skin bubble laying around somewhere.

There will be project pictures and before/after house pictures at some point. Whenever we get a camera. The first year of our marriage is sadly lacking in pictures. I guess it's not the end of the world.

For those of you tracking with my work woes . . . I have a grand announcement: Today I received another attorney assignment. And I think she's going to have lots of projects for me. For those of you who don't know what I'm talking about - just know that this is great news and an answer to prayer. Please keep praying that I'm allowed/find favor to stay with this arrangement.

There is an antique/junk/stuff store in Carmel that I went to during lunch today. I love it. So much random stuff. Lovely framed mirrors . . . that would be even lovelier with a little white spraypaint. Crazy lamps with good potential. Beautiful china pieces. Fun, old earrings. Random old & new kitchenware. Wonderful pieces of furniture (saw some rustic end tables for $35 apiece that would look great in our living room!). It took me a half hour just to walk through and look at everything. I didn't buy . . . yet.

Enough "wednesday randomness" from me.
Do you have anything to add to my collection of thoughts?
janalexis

2 comments:

  1. Jana, I love your randomness ha:) thanks for sharing and making me laugh. My random thought happens pretty much every day, but especially this morning. The time I need to be at work provides an amazing opportunity to watch the sun rise as I'm driving. It is the most amazing wake up call and great way to start my day. Always look for the little things I say... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gracious. i love that you "realized you were wearing a hideous outfit." awesome. haha! not all our revelations in life are poignant, but that doesn't mean they're not worth hearing about.

    next time i'm visiting my rents in fishers i should call you up to see that shop in carmel. i love the eclectic living. if you want some inspiration blogs i have recently compiled more than enough to share :)

    ReplyDelete