Thursday, October 28, 2010

15 Books I Love

"Rules: Don't take too long to think about it. Fifteen books you've read that will always stick with you. First fifteen you can recall in no more than 15 minutes. If you post this to Facebook, tag 15 friends, including me because I'm interested in seeing what books my friends choose. (To do this, go to your Notes tab on your profile page, paste rules in a new note, cast your 15 picks, and tag people.)"

I'm making up another rule: listing a series as one book is acceptable.

And a quick disclaimer: I probably love about a million books (been reading like crazy since 1st grade), so these are just the first ones that came to mind this morning, not necessarily my top 15 of all time and they aren't in any special order.

  1. The Bible
  2. Christy by Catherine Marshall
  3. Stepping Heavenward by Elizabeth Prentiss
  4. Heavenly Man by Brother Yun
  5. current favorite marriage book: Sacred Marriage by Gary Thomas
  6. Lord of the Rings series by J.R. Tolkein
  7. Love Comes Softly series by Janette Oke
  8. Chronicles of Narnia series by C.S. Lewis
  9. Persuasion, Emma, Pride & Prejudice, Mansfield Park, Northanger Abby...basically every book by Jane Austin
  10. Jane Eyre by Charlotte Bronte
  11. When Life and Beliefs Collide by Carolyn Custis James
  12. The Bronze Bow and The Witch of Blackbird Pond by Elizabeth George Speare
  13. growing up I loved: Turn Homeward, Hanalee and other books by Patricia Beatty
  14. Let Me Be a Woman by Elisabeth Elliot
  15. My Utmost for His Highest by Oswald Chambers

No comments:

Post a Comment