Monday, December 6, 2010

monday randoms

I don't usually do random Monday posts, so I thought today was a good day to start.
  • Goodwill 50% off shopping on Saturday morning was highly successfull. Let's see if I can remember my loot-list: 16 winter tops/sweaters, a jacket, a pair of shoes, 2 fun storage tins, an unopened puzzle, about 30 Christmas tree balls, a bag, a purse, and 3 fun Target belts (brand new). All for under $100. And I'm sure there's something I'm forgetting . . .
  • It was 8 degrees when I drove to work this morning. As I made my usual "cold noises," I reminded myself that I like cold weather. And I do. Sometimes I just need to remind myself.
  • My mother and I successfully dyed a dress on Friday night. It didn't take that long; there wasn't a big mess (translation: my kitchen doesn't have green splotches); and the dress isn't streaky at all! Pictures to come in January when I plan to wear it.
  • Mom and I also worked on ironing & hemming curtains for 2 hours on Friday night and about 8 hours on Saturday and we still have at least 5 hours of work left. What a tedious project. My bedroom is done but the library will have to wait until January. I've decided that it's not worth it to add stress to my December schedule to push getting them done right now. (Ikea curtains are great but be forewarned of the tedious hemming process, especially if you have 12 curtains to do!)
  • I am currently listening to Handel's Messiah on YouTube - a version performed in Moscow. Bryce and I are planning to see the symphony perform the same in a few weeks. Such a masterpiece proclaiming the glory of God! I remember listening to it with my Dad when we were growing up and following along on the sheet music. Handel's Messiah definitely puts me in a Christmas frame of mind.
  • Note to self: do not leave a banana in your to-and-from-work bag for 6 days. Old bananas smell. And turn black. And stink up everything in your bag. Yuck.

No comments:

Post a Comment