Wednesday, January 5, 2011

A Look Back

A look back at the past few weeks:

* But first, I forgot how much I like Skittles. I just might eat this entire bag before lunch time.

* The Christmas season was crazy. (And I consider the Christmas season from Thanksgiving to New Years, by the way.) So many parties and gatherings with family and friends. I enjoyed decorating our home and tracking down gifts for everyone on our list (tried to reign myself in and not go overboard, like I tend to do). This year was much less stressful than last year - thanks to massive amounts of lists & planning on my part, encouragement & understanding from Bryce, and more conscious effort to focus on Jesus.

* Highlights from the past month off the top of my head: hosting my father-in-law's birthday lunch at the Parsonage, my first Christmas Eve service at Eagle Church, playing "Glory is Here" by Gungor on the grand piano for the service, exchanging gifts & family time with the immediate Langebartels family, seeing Bryce get excited when he opened his cajon drum, and probably the most amazing of all: the entire Eberly family (+ Bryce & Nehemiah) being all together again for the first time in 1.5 years.

* Big change at the Parsonage: we adopted a dog the weekend before Christmas. Parson is his name and he's a boxer/pit bull mix. He's all puppy still, only 7 months old. Happened fast but so far we're enjoying the new addition.

* Bryce and I both got sick in Fort Wayne on the last day of our New Years weekend visit (and the last day of Jessica & Nehemiah's visit). Big bummer. Such an anticlimactic way to enter the new year. Only one plus out of the whole situation: we got to lay in bed together all day and watch football. That never happens.

* I was so blessed to be able to spend time with my sister's son, Nehemiah. Such a precious little boy. Since I saw him back in May, he's now walking and pointing to everything and saying "What's that?" A little tiny thing. Loved reading books to him and kissing his chubby cheeks. Pictures will be coming soon!

* I think I have a sugar headache and that bag of Skittles is only halfway gone. I need some hot tea.

2 comments:

  1. I love Skittles too AND they are gf, which pretty much rocks :). I love you so much and love that I got to see you last week. What a blessing!!!! You amaze me. Thanks for being a great sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the update, JA! Congratulations on the new puppy! I'm looking forward to pictures... especially excited to see your cute nephew! :)

    ReplyDelete