Monday, January 17, 2011

Yes to the weekend!

The weekend was successful in three respects:

1. I spring cleaned the house on Saturday for 9.5 hours. I know it isn't spring yet but it's been about 6 months since it had a deep cleaning and it was about time. I cranked Pandora and got to work. This deep cleaning included organizing 5 closets, wiping down every inch of 3 bathrooms, dusting & de-cobwebbing & vacuuming, washing sheets & towels & shower curtains, mopping, wiping down the entire kitchen including fridge & oven & cabinet fronts and redecorating the mantels & shelves from Christmas. The dog was officially tired of following me around by the end of the day.

2. Finally finished seasons 1-5 of Gilmore Girls. I've been working on this for 6 months, ever since my surgery . . . an episode here, two episodes there, usually whenever Bryce was working. And then I discovered that there are 2 more seasons to go! I think I'm going to take a break for awhile, though, and actually do something productive in the evenings for a change.

3. Impact last night was amazing. Love the girls from my CRU small group - Marianna, Becca, Grace, Kristin, Brittany, Carly, Taylor & Allie - who were so brave to share "if you really knew me." Thanks for opening up, ladies. It was challenging and encouraging to me and I look forward to getting to know all of you better. And getting to know Jesus better with you!

2 comments:

  1. Tried leaving a comment earlier, but I don't think it worked... oh well. Sounds like you had an incredibly productive weekend. Way to go!!! I'll have to check out Gilmore Girls sometime. I've heard good things about them.
    Oh, and I'm curious about CRU... is that CRU, as in Campus Crusade for Christ? Just curious! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gilmore Girls...yep, it's pretty addicting. Not the most edifying show but definitely entertaining. And CRU is just what we call our small groups at Eagle...nothing related to Campus Crusade. :)

    ReplyDelete