Friday, April 29, 2011

Closing Out April

Second favorite month of the year is coming to a close already. (First favorite month being October, because I love fall and I love the sound of "October"...it's just a romantic sounding word to me...call me crazy.) I thought it would be fitting to conclude with an update on my life plus random ramblings.

BSF - is wrapping up. Only 2 more meetings. It's been an amazing journey through Isaiah for the last 8 months - I've learned so much about God's promises and sovereignty. Reading Isaiah will never be the same for me again. I've decided not to continue with BSF next year - it's a big commitment to add to my schedule at this time in my life. Perhaps I'll join again when I have little munchkins to do it with me.

From Isaiah 63
He said, “Surely they are my people, sons who will not be false to me”; and so he became their Savior. In all their distress he too was distressed, and the angel of his presence saved them. In his love and mercy he redeemed them; he lifted them up and carried them all the days of old.


From Isaiah 64
For when you did awesome things that we did not expect, you came down, and the mountains trembled before you. Since ancient times no one has heard, no ear has perceived, no eye has seen any God besides you, who acts on behalf of those who wait for him.

Ballet - is one of my favorite parts of the week. Every Thursday I leave class feeling energized, happy, exhausted (in a really good way, from a really good workout) and alive. Dancing makes me come alive. They invited me to join the company next fall, which I'm not sure about yet but very flattered & excited that they even asked me. (You want me? This old, rusty dancer? I can hardly believe it.) (And another side note: my back is holding up wonderfully. No complications from the surgery. No more pain. No limitations with dancing. I praise God every time I leave a class.)

Parson - made me laugh so hard this morning. He was really out of it when Bryce left the house early, so when I sat up in bed the dog startled and literally freaked out. I felt so bad . . . and then started laughing. For the next 5 minutes he paced the room, whimpering and whining. Poor thing.

Bryce - is my favorite (just had to throw that out there). He's a busy man: working full time at the fire station, taking 9-credits-worth of pre-requisite nursing classes (finals are next week and then a break!), meeting with lots of gentlemen for friendship/mentoring, playing/leading/doing sound for worship about twice a month, mowing the lawn & putting in rain barrels, and biting-at-the-bit to rebuild his motorcycle and compose music. We don’t get to spend many quiet evenings together, so last night was such a treat. We ate Arby’s & chatted & sat on the couch with our teas & chatted some more.

Family - Eberly side is doing well. Talked on the phone with Jason (Mr. L.A.) the other day. Skyped with Jess, Nehemiah, & new baby just yesterday (slow days at work can be a blessing). Spent Easter weekend in FW with mother, father & Jordan (Mr. college man). It's good for my soul to be so connected with all of them, in spite of the distance.

Work - is a love/hate relationship most of the time. I enjoy what I do, but there's never enough of it - thus boredom & frustration & way too much Hulu-watching. My poor husband has to put up with my lack of work-umph and my struggle/learning to simultaneously run a household while working full-time. I have a serious issue with getting an actual dinner on the table . . . so frustrating for me. Hopefully someday I will have the blessing of being a full-time (or at least part-time) homemaker.

Home - speaking of the "devil." It's never exactly how I would like it to be: laminate wood floor needs to be swept & mopped (little piles of dog hair in the corners . . . gross), school books & papers & magazines all over the couch, empty fridge (very sad for Bryce), upstairs needs to be cleaned before guests visit in a few weeks, breezeway is gross with dog-hair and grass clippings and dead blossoms from the tree out front, a yard full of weeds, landscape sadly lacking in design & mulch . . . yep, such is our life. Not perfect. I sit here at work and make multiple lists of what I want to do. Maybe instead I need to make a list of what is currently-wonderful about our home and what I don’t need to do. :)

So, that should bring you up to speed on the B&J Lange household from J's perspective.
Praying that all of my wonderful readers have a lovely weekend!
Take delight in Jesus & may He give you true & deep joy despite your current outlook, whatever it may be.

You will go out in joy and be led forth in peace . . . Instead of the thornbush with grow the pine tree, and instead of briers the myrtle will grow [life transformation]. This will be for the Lord's renown . . ." Isaiah 55:12-13

3 comments:

  1. Loved reading and catching up on your life! I think of you often and am praying for you! I love the way you write about our Jesus. : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wonderful, Jana! Your update was so enjoyable to read and I love hearing how things are going for you. Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just saw this today after I got your email notification. Thank you for a lovely update! I'm so glad you're able to dance again...

    Oh, and I must agree with you about favorite months. April and October are my two favorite months as well (although I don't think I ever admitted it until I read your post). It's interesting that both of our birthdays are in those two months. The funny thing is, I think April is my favorite month while October is yours... :)

    ReplyDelete