Monday, April 11, 2011

Don't stay the same

You do not need to stay the way you are.

This is the essence of the Gospel.
You are no longer a sinner, separated from God.
You are saved, redeemed & a new creation.

I know this to be true. But yesterday I was challenged because I don't always take this truth into every part of my life. Personally, I must beware of settling into "just staying the same" in certain areas of my life, areas that may look immovable or irreparable or hopelessly-me.
For example, I tend to speak these words to myself often: "I will always worry about how I look, that's just the way I am." Or I say this to myself, too, "I will always care about what people think of me, that's just who I am."

Oh, what lies I am speaking to myself!

Have I not read this verse a million times? Therefore, if anyone is in Christ, he is a new creation; the old has gone, the new has come! (2 Cor 5:17)

And this one: We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life. (Rom. 6:4)

And this one: Do not conform any longer to the pattern of this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind. (Rom. 12:2)

New creation.
New life.
Transformation.

This is the truth. For me.
There is always hope in Jesus.
I do not need to stay the way I am.

3 comments:

  1. so true!
    yesterday my brother in law preached and had this fantastic sermon so close to the heart of what you're talking about. check it out on my blog page - i'm putting a link up at some point, but on the sidebar you can see "what's going on at our church" and from there look for sermons or podcasts. it was amazing, Holy Spirit all over it.

    yay Jesus!

    ReplyDelete
  2. true true true true! that's the beauty of the Gospel! love it!

    ReplyDelete