Wednesday, May 25, 2011
Let those who lightly esteem their Bibles think on those things. Eight shillings for every leaf, or the labour and proceeds of fifteen years for the Bible entire, did not appear to these poor converted Savages too much to pay for that Word of God, which had sent to them the Missionaries, which had revealed to them the grace of God in Christ, and which had opened their eyes to the wonders and glories of redeeming love! They had felt, and we had observed, that in all lands and amongst all branches of the human family, the Holy Bible is, wheresoever received and obeyed, the power of God unto salvation; it had lifted them out of savagery, and set them at the feet of the Lord Jesus. Oh that the pleasure-seeking men and women of the world could only taste and feel the real joy of those who know and love the true God -- a heritage which the world and all that pertains thereto cannot give to them, but which the poorest and humblest followers of Jesus inherit and enjoy!
Life in such circumstances led me to cling very near to the Lord Jesus; I knew not, for one brief hour, when or how attack might be made; and yet, with my trembling hand clasped in the Hand once nailed on Calvary, and now swaying the sceptre of the Universe, calmness and peace and resignation abode in my soul.
Monday, May 23, 2011
Here are a few of my favorite shots from the gardens. I'm trying to get better with my camera.
"Better the little that the righteous have than the wealth of many wicked; for the power of the wicked will be broken, but the LORD upholds the righteous. The days of the blameless are known to the LORD, and their inheritance will endure forever." psalm 37.16-18
Thursday, May 12, 2011
* I have a chronic goosebumps problem. Bryce doesn't believe me but it's true.
* Still haven't decided about dance for next year. Me & Decisions do not get along.
* Also trying to decide if I should chop my hair again. I really want to.
* Currently drinking lukewarm coffee. Yum.
* Big fail of yesterday: I washed a load of new shirts & dresses (50% off from Goodwill) with a teal tunic from India and the tunic dyed & ruined 4 of the shirts. So bummed. I didn't even get to wear them yet. I sat in front of the washer and cried. And then I tried to remind myself that this isn't really a big deal in the grand scheme of things. It kind of worked.
* I get to see my sister in less than a month. Beyond super excited about that.
* I was on our deck last night, dead-heading & weeding my flowers. Greg said: "You are your mother's daughter." And I was very proud.
* No big house projects or organization taking place lately. Kind of in a take-it-easy-slump. Which isn't really a "slump" actually. It's more of a "break on purpose."
* Got a new attorney added to my work load. And I am the busiest I've been in almost 2 years. Praise the Lord!
* Ready for the weekend. I do believe there are rumors of a 3-headed monster reunion with 1 honorary head joining them. Coffee, chatting, downtown, cupcakes . . . oh yes please.