Wednesday, June 1, 2011

A Good Weekend

Last weekend was one of the best I've had in awhile. Such a perfect mixture of husband-time, work-time, play-time and family-time.

Friday night:
* watched a movie, worked on making 2 necklaces and sat on the couch with the dog at my feet

Saturday:
* slept in a bit
* Bryce mowed while I trimmed bushes, raked & swept the sidewalks
* went kayaking at Eagle Creek - it was windy so we got a good workout
* practiced our worship music for Sunday
* ran a few errands & picked up Subway for dinner
* went to Jesse's concert - Brad, Ali & Eli were there - lots of fun music
* crashed

Sunday:
* at church by 7:30 a.m. and played with a mostly Langebartels band (5 of us) + Doug on the bass
* ate lunch and relaxed on the couch
* Bryce fixed our fence and I followed him around
* back to the couch and I fell asleep for about 2 hours
* went to Joel's gradation party - hung out with lots of church friends

Monday:
(Bryce worked, so in order not to have a pity-party-for-myself day, I kept busy)
* had my quiet time on the deck, in the sun
* project time! sanded and primed an end table for the library (all of the sanding I did on the driveway so I could get some sun in the process)
* Brad & Lori brought back the kayaks that they borrowed and also brought their dogs to play with Parson
* made Sloppy Joes for dinners for the rest of the week
* showered - I was a very sweaty, sandy mess
* had dinner with the Langebartels family & then visited Bryce at the station
* crashed again

And I'll leave you with a few passages from Proverbs 10 about the words we say that jumped out at me this week:
When words are many, sin is not absent, but he who holds his tongue is wise.
The tongue of the righteous is choice silver, but the heart of the wicked is of little value.
The lips of the righteous nourish many, but fools die for lack of judgment.

1 comment:

  1. That DOES sound like a lovely weekend! I'd like one! :)

    I love reading your thoughts and reflections on life, Jana. Thanks for sharing so frequently. :)

    Love you!

    ReplyDelete