Friday, July 29, 2011

filing in my sleep

I just have to post about this crazy dream I had the other day.

Well, Wednesday I worked a 12.5 hour day and didn't get home until 9:30 p.m. Needless to say, I dreamed about editing and filing documents (which is basically what I was doing all day). Around 3am I woke up and my brain was literally exhausted from working out document "problems" in my sleep. I could tell this was one of those dreams that I was just going to jump back into when I fell back asleep. So, I sat up in bed, and mentally worked through every phantom document on my mental desk and "filed" it away. When my mental desk was clean, I laid back down and slept much more peacefully for the rest of the night.

Hilarious.
I can't even believe the "filing" actually worked.
Thank goodness it did.

2 comments:

  1. haha! That's really interesting that it worked to mentally "file" and "clear off your desk." :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. so glad you worked it out! when i was working as an RA i used to dream about sleeping and i'd wake up totally exhausted because i couldn't actually sleep. dreams are weird.

    ReplyDelete