So, the blogging break over the past month or so has been entirely unintentional. Really. I don't know where the time went. Just no writing "umph," which I guess is all right. A quick recap is in order.
* Niece Lucy was born at the beginning of June to Janna & Justin . . . finally a little girl in the family. So excited to welcome her!
* Trip to Montreal to visit Dwight, Jessica, Nehemiah & little one on the way. It was a relaxing trip - just enjoyed entering their world for a week.
* Lots of parties and dinners and lunches and get-togethers with friends and family. It's summer time! I counted 17 different events on my calendar since June 14.
* Bryce's birthday on July 1st. There was a family dinner planned that evening with Bryce's family + some extended family, which is precisely the way Bryce would have wanted to spend his birthday anyway. And my gift to him? The Nissan Xterra that we bought that day (upgrading from our 97 Pathfinder).
* Quick trip to Fort Wayne to see my family (minus a few important people far, far away) for July 4th. It was wonderful to sit around the fire pit chatting and eating ribs and swimming at Grandma's pool.
* Still dancing. I'm taking a contemporary class this summer and loving it. So different and challenging but I leave every class excited. (And, by the way, really enjoying So You Think You Can Dance this season. Anyone else?)
* Bryce's mom's side of the family reunion in Cincinnati on July 8. Lots of good food and swimming. Enjoyed being with our immediate family. And came back to Indy for an Indians baseball game. It was a long day.
* First boating outing of the season with Greg & Liz last Saturday. We went out later in the day, which actually worked out well because it was still super hot. Welcome to Indiana heat + humidity.
That should bring you up-to-date. No exciting house projects to report. My current ongoing 3-month-long endtable redo has been permanently put on hold since the dog chewed a corner off one of the doors (after I spent hours sanding and staining and painting 4 coats of teal). Other than that, haven't felt too motivated in the house-department. Just trying to enjoy the summer and all of the wonderful busyness that it brings.