Friday, August 19, 2011

Exciting News!


The news is officially out. We're expecting. And so thankful and blessed. Fifteen weeks along today. Due February 10. So what have the first fifteen weeks looked like?

* We actually discovered I was pregnant on June 7. Took awhile to work through the "oh my goodness, this is real" phase.
* I've had relatively constant nausea since June 14 (worse in the mid-morning, mid-to-late afternoon, evening and sometimes 3am....okay....basically all the time) - sometimes it comes in waves, sometimes it's like a heavy blanket and I just want to moan. Praying this second trimester brings some relief.
* The lack of projects and blogging this summer can be attributed to my general lack of "umph" to do just about anything.
* Already read through "On Becoming Babywise" once. Now it's time to re-read and this time underline and make lots of notes.
* My secretary friends at work have been just wonderful - they're all like extra moms and grandmas. So encouraging. My week-after-week of looking sickly started to clue them in and I finally had to tell everyone because they were all guessing.
* We told my parents the news via Skype, since we left for Montreal the day after we found out. And told Bryce's parents via an evening visit after we returned to Indy. And then slowly told siblings and grandparents over the next few weeks.
* Have I mentioned the nausea yet? The only thing that eases it a bit is eating or something sour. Lots of little snacks all day long and lemon drops.
* No huge cravings yet. Sweet things are the only thing that sound terrible to me (ice cream makes me sick just thinking about it). I've been eating a lot of cottage cheese, crackers, pretzels, yogurt, anything with tomato sauce, rice, tortilla chips . . . salt and carbs and dairy basically. And I love the frozen strawberry lemonades at McDonald's - oh my.

More updates to come, I'm sure. And hopefully a few pictures along the way!

1 comment:

  1. Hey Jana, well a little birdy told me a few weeks ago, but I didn't want to say anything until you announced it. Congrats! Children are what make life worth living. My first pregnancy was terrible as far as sickness goes. I was sick until the end, and it wasn't until the third trimester that I was able to start eating again. I lost over 20 pounds in the first 3 months, and I didn't start gaining weight until after 6 months! Crazy, I know. I hope and pray that it goes a lot easier for you. But be prepared if it doesn't! :( Rest as much as possible and let others do things for you when they want to (I had a hard time with that).

    ReplyDelete