Thoughts and things to remember from this stage in my prego journey . . .
* I miss my eating habits of two months ago. Then I didn't even want to think about eating something sweet. Now I can't seem to get enough. In the morning I think to myself: "Today is going to be a no-sweet day." But then, by 10 o'clock a.m., either someone brings in a cake at work for a birthday or there are left-over donuts in the kitchen or I find a cookie in my snack-stash-drawer or I walk by the lady who always has chocolate at her desk . . . and I can't help myself. It just sounds and tastes so good!
* This little man is a mover. I love it when I can feel his body leaning against me. I thought for sure I felt a leg the other day (but I could be imaging it). About two weeks ago I was laying in bed and just watching my belly jump. It was this amazing moment of realizing that there's a little alive human being inside of me. Hardly can wrap my mind around it sometimes.
* My wardrobe options are quickly diminishing. Just about every week I could take a load up to the attic of things that no longer fit. So I'm waiting for the next 50% off day at Goodwill to fill in the gaps. Can you believe that this baby is only about a pound right now? How in the world is a 6, 7, or 8 pound baby going to fit in there?
* The #1 question I get asked is: "Do you know if it's a boy or a girl?" And I grin and say "BOY!" One of the cleaning guys at work asked me the other day. (We always say hi to each other when he empties the trashcan at my desk.) When I told him it was a boy, he smiled and said: "Good job!"
* The #2 question I get asked is: "Do you know the name yet?" To which I say: "Yes.....but it's a secret!" Some people cannot stand this (ahem....my siblings.....) but it's usually those who have children already who can relate. We need to keep something a surprise! So please don't try to drag it out of me. I'm determined not to slip.
* Probably the #3 question is about the nursery. The room will still be a guest bedroom and future children will share, so we're not doing anything fancy. Just freshening everything up and things are coming along nicely. Chris (my dear friend who gave up an entire Saturday for me) helped paint last weekend - the bedroom and the laundry room. We put in about 9 hours . . . which made for two very sore people the next day. New bright white trim and gray walls makes me so happy! Can't wait to start layering in all of the fun stuff.....new bedcover, curtains, art for the walls, baby things, new fabric for the bench, etc.
* Speaking of working on the house, I'm in full-fledged nesting mode (watch out, Bryce). You should see my house/project list. Sometimes I feel like I'm juggling a lot of little things but the truth is I really enjoy it. Especially now that I have the "umph" to actually tackle the things that are on my list. What does the next few months hold? To name a few things: finishing the nursery, new storage for the living room, hopefully starting the revamp of the kitchen, spray-painting projects galore, finding & hanging new art plus all of the other things to do like registering for baby stuff, refinancing our home, setting up a will, doing a bit of job searching, reading parenting/mothering books, childbirth classes, etc. Let the craziness continue.
PS: 6 month pictures are coming!