Wednesday, October 12, 2011

The Right Order

There is something in my life that I've felt lately I need to be praying for more. However, I haven't felt a great deal of "burden" about it (which I definitely should). I was wondering/worrying about it the other day, wishing I felt more of a "weight" or concern so that I would pray more.

But then it occurred to me: if I prayed more first, most likely then the burden of caring would come. It's a case of getting something in the proper order, I think. (And even if the burden doesn't come, I still need to be doing the praying.)

Psalm 69:13
But I pray to you, O LORD, in the time of your favor;
in your great love, O God, answer me [and my request] with your sure salvation.

Psalm 88:13
But I cry to you for help, O LORD; in the morning my prayer comes before you.

Romans 12:12
Be . . . faithful in prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment