Saturday, January 21, 2012

One Last Hurrah

(Funny note: when I was composing this blog post in my head, I told Bryce that I was going to call it "One Last Ta-Da." He then informed me that the saying was actually "One Last Hurrah.")

Bryce and I snuck away to Turkey Run State Park last weekend. Well, we actually left on Sunday afternoon and came back Tuesday afternoon. Such a nice little get-away before the little man arrives. We stayed in the Inn.

And did lots of this: sitting around with our feet up.

The decor at the Inn was nice and rustic. For example, the fishes carved into our chairs.

This is my view these days.

So nice to just be able to read and relax together.

Yes, I have taken to carrying a basketball/watermelon under my shirt.

Monday afternoon we took a walk. It was such a mild day for January in Indiana. And the walk was short and slow since my endurance levels these days are sorely lacking. It doesn't take much to get my heart racing.


That's us.

And a self-portrait, of course.


A picture of my new boots - just for you, Jess.

We also did lots of this: laying around on the bed in our room. Bryce worked on school work and I crocheted and read. Please notice the slightly-creepy deer wood carving above the headboard.

Thank you, Jesus, for time to get away and relax for a few days . . . before our lives change forever.

2 comments:

  1. So glad you two were able to take some time to get away! Looks like it was a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad you two were able to take some time to get away! Looks like it was a wonderful weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete