So many different feelings and sensations come in the 3rd trimester - such a change from months 5-7. Just to highlight a few:
- I'm craving sweets all of the time. Around 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., I find myself searching the office for chocolate. Any size or shape of chocolate. Just a little Hershey's kiss will do.
- Finally the "heater" has kicked in. No more sweaters or scarfs. I get overheated so quickly in the office. It's such a funny feeling for me, but I really enjoy being warm all of the time.
- The pregnancy websites say that the baby will move less towards the end because of his tight quarters. Not so with this baby boy! Bryce and I agree that he moves even more - big, crazy movements and lots of them! A kick in the ribs here. A jab in the hip bone there. And let's finish with a painful push to the pelvic bone. Oh yes. He loves to move.
- Braxton Hicks contractions are pretty constant - 1 to 2 every hour. Now they bring on nausea, which is always fun.
- I'm afraid I was lamenting last night about the inability to get comfortable when I sleep. Actually, there really is no comfortable position available anymore. On my back: I start feeling sick in about 2 minutes. On my right side: I get dizzy in about 5 minutes. Left side is okay but my hips start to hurt when I lay there for too long. And when I just sit on the couch, my heart starts racing. Oh Baby - you better be worth this (and I know you will be).
- My emotions are all over the place. Some days I could cry at the drop of the hat. A few weeks ago, I was running errands and cried in the car in between each store . . . I'm not even sure why. (Watch out, my dear Bryce.)
Here's a 35 week photo. Getting big!
Prayer for our son from Proverbs 23:15-18:
My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad;
my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.
Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.