Friday, January 13, 2012

one month to go!

9 months down and 1 month to go. I can hardly believe that I'm writing this post already. It seems impossible so much time has passed, and yet the large belly in front of me in a constant reminder that it is very possible and the arrival of this baby is fast approaching.

So many different feelings and sensations come in the 3rd trimester - such a change from months 5-7. Just to highlight a few:
  • I'm craving sweets all of the time. Around 11 a.m. and 3 p.m., I find myself searching the office for chocolate. Any size or shape of chocolate. Just a little Hershey's kiss will do.
  • Finally the "heater" has kicked in. No more sweaters or scarfs. I get overheated so quickly in the office. It's such a funny feeling for me, but I really enjoy being warm all of the time.
  • The pregnancy websites say that the baby will move less towards the end because of his tight quarters. Not so with this baby boy! Bryce and I agree that he moves even more - big, crazy movements and lots of them! A kick in the ribs here. A jab in the hip bone there. And let's finish with a painful push to the pelvic bone. Oh yes. He loves to move.
  • Braxton Hicks contractions are pretty constant - 1 to 2 every hour. Now they bring on nausea, which is always fun.
  • I'm afraid I was lamenting last night about the inability to get comfortable when I sleep. Actually, there really is no comfortable position available anymore. On my back: I start feeling sick in about 2 minutes. On my right side: I get dizzy in about 5 minutes. Left side is okay but my hips start to hurt when I lay there for too long. And when I just sit on the couch, my heart starts racing. Oh Baby - you better be worth this (and I know you will be).
  • My emotions are all over the place. Some days I could cry at the drop of the hat. A few weeks ago, I was running errands and cried in the car in between each store . . . I'm not even sure why. (Watch out, my dear Bryce.)
I was blessed with another baby shower on December 30. It was hosted by my mother, my good friend Chris from high school, and my good friend Rachel from church. Such a wonderful collision of different worlds: Eberly family (immediate and extended), Langebartels family, Eagle Church friends, family friends from Fort Wayne, new friends and friends for years . . . amazing! I was overwhelmed and so blessed. Fun games, a devotional shared by my mom, lovely gifts (so many cute outfits!) and fun snacks rounded out a beautiful evening. Many thanks and much love to you all!

Here's a 35 week photo. Getting big!


Prayer for our son from Proverbs 23:15-18:
My son, if your heart is wise, then my heart will be glad;
my inmost being will rejoice when your lips speak what is right.
Do not let your heart envy sinners, but always be zealous for the fear of the LORD.
There is surely a future hope for you, and your hope will not be cut off.

3 comments:

  1. Love it! Thanks for sharing. You are beautiful!
    Love,
    Ashley (only 3 weeks left being a) Geiser

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jana, I lalways love your blog posts! So excited for you! You are the cutest pregnant lady (well, right up there with Brenda Miller...I always thought she looked cute pregnant...hehe) Can't wait to see your little boy!

    Tallie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post, Jana. Love the prayer for your son... oh, and you're looking super-cute! :D

    ReplyDelete