Saturday, April 28, 2012

Going home...

So.....I'm off to my parents' house for the week. So excited for Justus and me to have some quality & quantity time with my mom, dad and brother. It's been almost 3 years (before marriage) since I spent that much time back at home, and now I get to bring my son along. Yay for not working and being able to make the trip!

Where is Bryce, you may be wondering? He's spending the week in El Salvador on a construction-focused mission's trip. Please join me in praying for his safety, divine construction knowledge/creativity, and the ability to cope well with missing JD and me (he wasn't looking forward to being separated from us). I'm so proud of him for serving in this way and excited to welcome him home again.

There's a lot of little things to finish up before leaving on my first long, solo drive with JD. (A stop at McDonald's for some coffee? Yes, please.) I am my mother's daughter: the house must be cleaned and all laundry must be done before leaving for a trip. Justus decided that the day started at 6 a.m. this morning and so he's already down for his first nap. Time to get off this computer and get moving!

I hope to be greeted by a smiling face (like this) in about 2 hours and then we'll be on our way!

2 comments:

  1. Have fun and give your family hugs! Enjoy that caffeine too. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. jealous. but thankful you get to have this time with mom, dad, and jordan. can't wait to hear all about it.

    his smile - priceless.

    ReplyDelete